Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those cones doe!

Traffic cones on software version 36.2.1:

• I have HW3 and FSD purchased and my car visualizes cones

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I have HW3 and FSD purchased and my car does not visualize cones

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I have HW2.5 and FSD purchased and my car visualizes cones

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I have HW2.5 and FSD purchased and my car does not visualize cones

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I have HW3 without FSD purchased, and my car visualizes cones

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • I have HW3 without FSD purchased, and my car does not visualize cones

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I have HW2.5 without FSD purchased, and my car visualizes cones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have HW2.5 without FSD purchased, and my car does not visualize cones

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fire hydrants around June house are red with a blue top. They get designated as cones as well. Lol
I only got a fleeting glance of the hydrant - it may well have had a blue top. Something that I have never seen but noticed today is when the right lane shoulder narrows or drops away it appears in red. Is that new or have I just noticed? Seem like a lot of little, so far undocumented (here) tweaks to Autopilot and FSD. Personally I think it is a great improvement.

These are supposedly HW3 indicators but I am sure I have HW2.5 because I have a service appointment scheduled to upgrade. I just received a second confirmation text that they will do the upgrade at my house next week and that I will be receiving a software update a day or so before and NOT to install it.
If you have an early version of HW3, they might swap it out if they found some issues with it.

Well I have been leading everybody on... I have had HW3 all along. Tesla SC just sent me a text after physically inspecting the board. So much for VIN IDs, so much for manufacturing dates, so much for the h.264 thing...

Some of you guys suspected this and you were right!

I am shocked that Tesla's SC had my VIN listed as upgrade eligible. My car was manufactured 3/2019 and has a mix of pre and post raven attributes but no PM motor and no adaptive suspension. It was pre-existing inventory "DEMO" with "Under 50" miles - actually 16.

Crazy. Really sorry the mis guided speculation.

Today I installed 36.2.1 in my pre raven MS 100D FSD. I have HW2.5 and I definitely see bright orange traffic cones. All other visualizations are better as well. Also, I notice an extra loud chime when reversing out of my rather tight garage door...

These are supposedly HW3 indicators but I am sure I have HW2.5 because I have a service appointment scheduled to upgrade. I just received a second confirmation text that they will do the upgrade at my house next week and that I will be receiving a software update a day or so before and NOT to install it.

UPDATE: The SC was wrong - I already had HW3 when they went to upgrade it.