Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Trial questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I will be taking my 22 Model S on our yearly leaf peeping tour of the Adirondacks the first week of October, and with the long drive (1500 miles round trip), I'm considering springing for one month of FSD. Would that give me access to the beta (the version that will drive virtually anywhere, not just on highways)? If so, is there any other kind of requirement I need to meet?

Before I traded my M3P for my MS, I was enrolled in some program that gave me a score in the hopes that they'd let me actually use the FSD I had on the M3. I never got selected. Is that system still in place or do all that pay get access now? Anything else to know?

Edit: found a good thread that had some info. Sounds like I won't get a FSDb build now unless there is a newer firmware than the one I have (2023.26.9) that also has FSDb. I'm not sure which ones that would be though, or even if all of them work for HW3 cars. I thought I read that only certain ones work for HW4, but I'm not sure if all work for HW3.

Last edited:
Before I traded my M3P for my MS, I was enrolled in some program that gave me a score in the hopes that they'd let me actually use the FSD I had on the M3. I never got selected. Is that system still in place or do all that pay get access now? Anything else to know?

Edit: found a good thread that had some info. Sounds like I won't get a FSDb build now unless there is a newer firmware than the one I have (2023.26.9) that also has FSDb. I'm not sure which ones that would be though, or even if all of them work for HW3 cars. I thought I read that only certain ones work for HW4, but I'm not sure if all work for HW3.

You are correct that FSDb is now included to those who paid for it without taking a Safety Score and waiting for selection anymore.

HW4 is new so expect some lagging behind HW3 until the software will catch up.

Upvote 0
Does that mean I can use my 3 months free without having to meet a safety score?

Attachments

• IMG_9700.jpeg
    IMG_9700.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
Does that mean I can use my 3 months free without having to meet a safety score?
Correct.

Depending on your current software version, you might have to wait until the FSDb version catches up.

Supposedly, the FSDb 11.4.4 is widely available with the version 2023.26.10

Your current software prior to subscribing to the feature is 2023.32.1. That's higher than the FSDb 2023.26.10.

Once you subscribe to FSD/FSDb, your current version of 2023.32.1 will freeze at that level in order to give FSDb a chance to catch up eventually.

You might have some chance to catch up in 1 month but you should surely catch up in the 3 month timeframe.

That means for people who only subscribe 1 month, there's a good chance that they won't get FSDb because their current version is not caught up by FSDb version.

Reactions: racerx2005
Upvote 1
2023.26.9 has FSDb 11.3.6, which is compatible with the HW3 processor in your 22 Model S. You should be able to use it immediately after subscribing. You'll need to enable it in Controls > Autopilot.

Reactions: Neon001
Upvote 0