Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thought I'd start a RN116X thread (group).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here but have been reading since I ordered on 1/17. EDD was in July when I first ordered then got moved to April and has progressively been pushed back. It was 6/15-7/20 for the past month and just changed this morning to 6/18-7/9.
That’s good, though, since the dates narrowed.

I had a similar change recently, from 6/14-7/26 to 6/16-7/21. Not much, but giving me hope as well

Reactions: Derek_wagner12
First post here but have been reading since I ordered on 1/17. EDD was in July when I first ordered then got moved to April and has progressively been pushed back. It was 6/15-7/20 for the past month and just changed this morning to 6/18-7/9.
So things escalated quickly, just got assigned a VIN and will be hopefully taking delivery on my birthday. Not bad for a 1/17 order date.
DD4FA1AB-5954-4D3A-A1F2-E76E2B6C7869.jpeg

I waited 6 months for my MS LR and was expecting a delivery tomorrow. Then got a message at 6PM tonight that they discovered "an adjustment" that needs to be made on my car by a certified bodyshop so my delivery was postponed and they didn't even have an estimate at this point how long it will take!:mad::eek:
Count your blessings they found and are fixing the issues. I showed up at my 2pm delivery appointment today and found that my driver side front and rear doors were not aligned properly. When I looked closer, someone had adjusted them with what must have been a hammer on the hinges and then left the driver rear top hinge bolt loose. Also damage to the metal around the latch in the body. So, paint and metal damage on hinges, and missing paint from the hinges being moved. :mad:.

Count your blessings they found and are fixing the issues. I showed up at my 2pm delivery appointment today and found that my driver side front and rear doors were not aligned properly. When I looked closer, someone had adjusted them with what must have been a hammer on the hinges and then left the driver rear top hinge bolt loose. Also damage to the metal around the latch in the body. So, paint and metal damage on hinges, and missing paint from the hinges being moved. :mad:.
I guess you are right that I was lucky to dodge a bullet in the sense that maybe because the original damage was turned out to be too bad in the body shop so they gave me a new VIN.

Update: They did amazing work on the hinges at the Service Center. If you didn't know where to look, you would not see anything wrong. VERY happy to see that resolved. Now waiting on the under-door rocker panel to finish getting painted and installed. Then it is off to get PPF. Couple of pictures of the before issues...

1655160601838.png

1655160694711.png

Reactions: MNGreene