Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts about possible overall price increase on sept 5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if you guys think Tesla will raise the prices of the vehicles overall (not just cost of FSD) on sept 5th.

I’m looking to get a LR model Y but want to order it as late as possible to take delivery next year.

I read that in china (or somewhere outside of US), Tesla is offering a discount on fsd to previous owners with FsD so maybe they’ll bring that promo/deal to the US in the future.

I can definitely see another price increase coming in late 2022 but is the fsd price increase foreshadowing?

Just order what I did and you will wait close to a year!

But in all seriousness when you say "next year" do you mean January, or much later? I suspect that if you order now you will likely get it in 2023.

Last edited:
So actually, the cheapest model y, white with black interior, 5 seat, without hitch or fsd, has estimated delivery of march -July 2023.

Plus, you figure a lot of people will defer delivery towards the end of the year to get the tax credit.

Tesla has learned about delays and so far, from what people are saying, are not allowing deferrals. The Y won't get the full credit in 2023 and the credit will only decrease going forward because of battery content. Plus, as you say, they may increase the price such that any tax credit is negated.