Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My brand new Model X was rear-ended: Any advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 Model X got creased in a parking lot a few weeks ago in Pleasanton and the event was caught on the sentry cameras, a hit and run. I filed a police report and managed to trace the owner and am getting the problem taken care of. The plastic housing over the wheel well was cracked and damaged and I was going to take the car to a local body shop I knew. I went into the service center in Dublin, CA, to order the part, to speed up the repair. The service person who talked to me gave me good advice, to take the car to a Tesla-certified body shop near me instead and get the car repaired there. The shop did a great job, they buffed out the scrapes and fixed the side panel and wheel well perfectly. I have had a good experience with a Tesla-certified body shop, but as they say on the internet, your mileage may vary.

Reactions: jboy210
The reason I have a SpareBumper attached to the hitch is. Trying to minimize or prevent damage altogether. Really sucks man, such a beauty you have there. Love the color
Mind sharing a pic of your sparebumper? I live in TN and bad drivers seem to be flocking to my state. I have a blue MX on order and a black spare bumper might blend in pretty well. Does it make access into the trunk cumbersome?