Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Xmas Show only door issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
Have a one month old Model X. Family likes to do the show. Up until last week worked fine. Now as soon as the FWD start to open it shuts down. Drive side door says obsitcal detected. Nothing is near the car and the door operates daily without any issues. Talked to Tesla, they basically said nothing can be done unless it is a daily problem. Any thoughts?

I experienced it two days ago. A friend wanted to see it and at the exact time FWD started to open it would shut down with a obstacle detected ding. I read somewhere that people had issues when car was parked at an incline - that wasn't the case with me. I just reset the MCU and re-ran the light show - it worked. I guess like with any computer: when in doubt - reboot ;)

I experienced it two days ago. A friend wanted to see it and at the exact time FWD started to open it would shut down with a obstacle detected ding. I read somewhere that people had issues when car was parked at an incline - that wasn't the case with me. I just reset the MCU and re-ran the light show - it worked. I guess like with any computer: when in doubt - reboot ;)

I've tried the 2 wheel reboot, no luck. Also powered the car down and tried with no luck. It is level wide open in a place where I have done this before. I don't think it is environmental...

They probably do want to fix it *just* for that. Wait until your taking the car in for something significant and then mention you get phantom door sensor triggers and that an easy way to repro the problem is with the light show and they will probably fix it for you.