TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thoughts on Xmas Show only door issue

Discussion in 'Model X' started by lynnpt2001, Aug 16, 2018.

1. lynnpt2001

lynnpt2001 Member

Have a one month old Model X. Family likes to do the show. Up until last week worked fine. Now as soon as the FWD start to open it shuts down. Drive side door says obsitcal detected. Nothing is near the car and the door operates daily without any issues. Talked to Tesla, they basically said nothing can be done unless it is a daily problem. Any thoughts?

2. caesartheday

caesartheday Member

I experienced it two days ago. A friend wanted to see it and at the exact time FWD started to open it would shut down with a obstacle detected ding. I read somewhere that people had issues when car was parked at an incline - that wasn't the case with me. I just reset the MCU and re-ran the light show - it worked. I guess like with any computer: when in doubt - reboot ;)

3. lynnpt2001

lynnpt2001 Member

I've tried the 2 wheel reboot, no luck. Also powered the car down and tried with no luck. It is level wide open in a place where I have done this before. I don't think it is environmental...

4. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

Works for me.

5. josher32

josher32 Member

You may want to make Service appt to make sure no faulty sensors in door

6. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

They probably do want to fix it *just* for that. Wait until your taking the car in for something significant and then mention you get phantom door sensor triggers and that an easy way to repro the problem is with the light show and they will probably fix it for you.