Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Throttle pedal temporary fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

There is still a single point of failure with one rivet. Two rivets should be used
IMG_5422.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: CyberShy
35 second recall fix. lol. so the red plastic part is already there when the recall repair starts? with prep/fix/ vacuum clean up this recall isn't more than 5 minutes but definitely not "35 seconds". Surprised they are attaching the metal trim piece with one single rivet way at the bottom .... I guess that will prevent it from losening and shifting?
I believe that the cover is force fitted, but the supplier changed how they put the pedal on, by adding some soap to make it easier to get on. That means it's easier to get off.

So all it needs to do is stop vertical, upward movement. The pedal is otherwise securely mounted.

Service center said they aren’t doing rivets. now only new pedal replacements. So I guess I’m never getting my ****ing truck. I have a buyer for my Model X and don’t even know what to tell him. Tesla has the absolute worst communication.

It's amazing how bad they are. It's been my experience that it was terrible and only getting worse since my first Tesla in 2019.