Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TIDAL App Not Available after 2021.39.103.2 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received and updated to the latets software for my Y and Tidal app is not showing as an option. Anyone else experience this or suggest what I am missing?
I had the same thing, even stated in the release notes tidal should be in there along with cold weather improvements. Have not seen either even after resetting the infotainment system. Confusing to say the least.

Release notes for this software update:
Add Stop (Waypoints)

• Add a new stop to your route by tapping the "+" icon on the navigation search button and searching for a destination, or selecting a pin on the map.
Sentry Mode Live Camera Access

• You can now view your car's surroundings from the Tesla app when parked to confirm the safety of your environment before returning to your car. Live Camera is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be accessed by Tesla. To enable or disable, tap 'Controls' > 'Safety' > 'View Live Camera via Mobile App' from the vehicle touchscreen display. Note: This feature requires iOS mobile app version 4.2.1 or higher, and Premium Connectivity.
Cold Weather Improvements

TIDAL

Rear Display Improvements (Model S and X 2021)

Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Chime

New Language Support

I have powered off the car and reset the screen, both actions have not added these improvements to the car. Model Y 2022

Release notes for this software update:
Add Stop (Waypoints)

• Add a new stop to your route by tapping the "+" icon on the navigation search button and searching for a destination, or selecting a pin on the map.
Sentry Mode Live Camera Access

• You can now view your car's surroundings from the Tesla app when parked to confirm the safety of your environment before returning to your car. Live Camera is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be accessed by Tesla. To enable or disable, tap 'Controls' > 'Safety' > 'View Live Camera via Mobile App' from the vehicle touchscreen display. Note: This feature requires iOS mobile app version 4.2.1 or higher, and Premium Connectivity.
Cold Weather Improvements

TIDAL

Rear Display Improvements (Model S and X 2021)

Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Chime

New Language Support

I have powered off the car and reset the screen, both actions have not added these improvements to the car. Model Y 2022
Tidal is not available in all countries. Same with live camera access. You don’t have the features because you are in Canada.

You don’t have the features because you are in Canada.
I'm in the U.S. and I also got 2021.39.103.2 last night on my 2 week old 2022 MYLR (it's the first software update I've received, and I requested the FSB beta about 10 days ago and have a 99 safety score). The release notes were the same -- i.e. also indicated that Tidal was added -- and I also do not have Tidal yet.

However, I do now have live remote camera access, which I did not previously have.

Reactions: mikeds86
I'm in the U.S. and I also got 2021.39.103.2 last night on my 2 week old 2022 MYLR (it's the first software update I've received, and I requested the FSB beta about 10 days ago and have a 99 safety score). The release notes were the same -- i.e. also indicated that Tidal was added -- and I also do not have Tidal yet.

However, I do now have live remote camera access, which I did not previously have.
Strange that it would show up in the release notes and not be available. But you are on a factory version of the software since your car is new. So you will probably get Tidal once you get your first update. Just my guess.

My experience is nearly the same as yours. Picked up MYLR on 12/4 and enrolled for FSD on 12/7. 100 Safety Score going on 10 days, but received the 39.103.2 update on Tuesday with no Tidal source option. Release notes definitely show that it should be included with this update. ☹️

Reactions: S712458
My experience is nearly the same as yours. Picked up MYLR on 12/4 and enrolled for FSD on 12/7. 100 Safety Score going on 10 days, but received the 39.103.2 update on Tuesday with no Tidal source option. Release notes definitely show that it should be included with this update. ☹️
If it makes you feel any better, I have had mine since August and don’t have Tidal yet. Definitely looking forward to an update.

Reactions: S712458
Anyone else notice that the windows aren't all the way closed after exit with this update? when i get out of the vehicle and close the door the window goes up into the close position then drops about 1/4 of inch from close along with the other 3 only way they go completely closed is when i sit in the driver seat and engage the brake. 2022 Model Y

I also did not get Sentry Mode Live Camera Access with this update which seems weird

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that the windows aren't all the way closed after exit with this update? when i get out of the vehicle and close the door the window goes up into the close position then drops about 1/4 of inch from close along with the other 3 only way they go completely closed is when i sit in the driver seat and engage the brake. 2022 Model Y

I also did not get Sentry Mode Live Camera Access with this update which seems weird
I can’t answer about the window, but I don’t think sentry live access is available in Canada.

Glad you all have experienced the same as me. Same release notes but no go on the features :( - but at least I have my Y :)
I am experiencing the same, in the US, same software version 39, no Tidal. This is an obvious miss on Tesla’s part, as it is stated in the Release Notes that Tidal should have been released. I am a software product manager and I don’t put out Release Notes with features that have not been released!

After reading this I went out and checked, sure enough I have the same thing with the windows as well. So what I gather Is the update did nothing but cause the windows to be malfunctioning. Thanks Tesla😒

Reactions: Canyonero
I live in California in the US. I have a 2020 MYLR running 2021.40.6, which included Tidal access. Without even having to go to the source menu to turn it on, Tidal appeared in my Music menu by default. Great!

However, on December 6 I took delivery of a 2022 MYP. On December 11, I got my first update to 2021.39.103.2. Release notes included things like additional navigation stops, Tidal, Sentry Mode live cameras, etc. Everything works as described in the notes, except, like many of the folks above, Tidal is nowhere to be found. It doesn’t appear in the source menu or anywhere else.

My wife and I use Tidal and Spotify as a way to get around not having multiple user access in any of the streaming music apps. This way we can keep our libraries our own. Also, with the ability to download tracks locally for HiFi playback, or even simply not having to rely on cellular connectivity after download, I’ve grown quite fond of Tidal in the car. It’s a lot less buggy than Spotify, too — when it’s actually there.

Hopefully this issue is fixed soon. Although I doubt it’ll be any sooner than the supposed holiday update.

After reading this I went out and checked, sure enough I have the same thing with the windows as well. So what I gather Is the update did nothing but cause the windows to be malfunctioning. Thanks Tesla😒
This might be the cold weather feature intended to stop the windows from freezing closed. Which is why it only happens when you're not in the vehicle. This was introduced last year, so should also have been happening with the previous version if the outside temperature was cold enough.