Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Apps Difficulty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a fairly technical sort of guy working in a technical field, so I don't generally have the kinds of issues with software I am having with the apps in my Model Y.
Who knows? maybe I'm just getting old and can't admit I'm loosing my edge. I can't seem to get signed on to and use several of the apps.

When I first bought the car everything seemed to work ok. I had a 30 day? Use of the apps in their prime top shape. After that things just fell off a cliff.

I payed for a dedicated data connection to the Tesla, and signals are pretty good in my area. First I lost Spotify, Then Tidal went. When Spotify stopped working I couldn't seem to get signed on, so I went for the free version of it which has an assigned user name longer than a Stephen King novel. I put it in and I might as well have been playing with my hair, what's left of it. I only managed to get Spotify on my iphone. At one point I accidentally assigned Spotify to all five of my Alexas. This was while my wife was trying to take a nap upstairs. I thought this might be my last day on planet earth. I am guessing Spotify wants to make it difficult to use the free version. Until I pay up things there don't look so good. TBH I am not sure I want to pay up.

Tidal was a similarly dismal sign in attempt. I get the camera block. Must have taken ten picures of different camera blocks and nothing. Netflix and YouTube are ok. Radio works fine. I liked Tidal and Spotify. Halp halp halp!!

• Funny
Reactions: gt2690b
I believe you have to pay for spotify and/or tidal.. neither free version works on tesla ... and yes.. the login process is painful.. i have found if it loses my credentials for whatever reason switching profiles or worse rebooting seems to bring it back
ou can't use the free Spotify in a Tesla in North America. (Spotify requires a paid premium subscription, it isn't a Tesla restriction.)

No sense in me pushing this I guess. No pay no play. 😓

Spotify is tempting to buy because I like the accessibility of the app and the fidelity. I could use it at home too as long as I didn't do what I described in that other post again. Funny thing is I had no clue it was going to all of my Alexas as I was sitting in the Tesla just enjoying the music......until she came out.

There are two other radio based but streamed apps I have been using still free. They are ok and seem to get lots of stations.

Reactions: gt2690b