Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TIDAL App Not Available after 2021.39.103.2 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the latest update last night and tidal is here!! 2022 MY on 2021.44.6
It’s amazing how much better Tidal sounds versus Spotify. I wasn’t happy with the sound quality of Spotify at all. I am very pleased with the sound quality of Tidal. I just moved all my playlists using SongShift and cancelled my Spotify subscription.

It’s amazing how much better Tidal sounds versus Spotify.
Were you parked at home, or out driving? I believe I read that when the car is on WiFi we will be getting Tidal's High Resolution, but when using the car's cellular connectivity it will be Tidal's ordinary resolution. Or perhaps not. The wording was a bit ambiguous, and I haven't relocated it.

(searching... searching... got it)

I dug something up: 2021.40.6 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

Why would it mention WiFi if the behavior on WiFi was not different compared to not on WiFi?
TIDAL streaming is now available from the Media menu with a TIDAL account. You can listen to TIDAL playlists or albums in high-quality audio by connecting to Wi-Fi and pressing Download on the selected content.

Were you parked at home, or out driving? I believe I read that when the car is on WiFi we will be getting Tidal's High Resolution, but when using the car's cellular connectivity it will be Tidal's ordinary resolution. Or perhaps not. The wording was a bit ambiguous, and I haven't relocated it.

(searching... searching... got it)

I dug something up: 2021.40.6 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

Why would it mention WiFi if the behavior on WiFi was not different compared to not on WiFi?
I was driving (not connected to wifi) and have not tried the download option yet. I would imagine that downloading gives a higher bitrate version than streaming.

I received and updated to the latets software for my Y and Tidal app is not showing as an option. Anyone else experience this or suggest what I am missing?
I had the same problem after my 2022.4.5 update, but i just found out the way to fix it too. Hit the icon for the equalizer (3 vertical lines) and then go to Sources. Tidal probably shows as not activated. Just move the slider to the right and you should be good to go.

Reactions: cgell