Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tilting Monitor on S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where was this advertised? I looked at the build sheet and I just received mine a week before they came out with the tilt screen and no where does it advertise a tilt screen so curious where it was advertised?
It was advertised for the first few months after the reveal on Jan 27th 2021. Sometime in (I believe it was either in April or May of 2021), they removed all mention of that feature. Basically the feature had some unforeseen problems that arose, and thus wasn't ready in time. And now in May 2022, it is! :)

Reactions: paulchou and af88
Thanks for the background, from a legal perspective I don't think the consumer has a leg to stand on but I'm not a lawyer either. When I placed the order June 2021, it wasn't advertised, so I think it's a lost cause. I would not expect Telsa to offer a retrofit. They have a lot more bigger problems to solve. They care less what customers think after sale. The cable company has better customer service at this point from my personal experience.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My order was placed 3/01/2021, and I took delivery yesterday of a 4/22/2022 build LR S that doesn't have the feature. The feature is prominently displayed on the order website as it exists today, and as it still existed on March 4, 2021 a few days after my order. (According to this Design Your Model S | Tesla ) I will be requesting a mobile service visit to fix the defect in my new car.
On a related note, and we all know Tesla doesn't do things like other car companies, but when I order a custom build from BMW and am assigned a VIN, that means the car is in the process of being built for me. I received my VIN on 5/13, so why was my car already built on 4/22 ? (This is after I passed on various end of quarter calls to accept a car that similar to my own, since I wanted the latest build possible to avoid these issues.)

My order was placed 3/01/2021, and I took delivery yesterday of a 4/22/2022 build LR S that doesn't have the feature. The feature is prominently displayed on the order website as it exists today, and as it still existed on March 4, 2021 a few days after my order. (According to this Design Your Model S | Tesla ) I will be requesting a mobile service visit to fix the defect in my new car.
On a related note, and we all know Tesla doesn't do things like other car companies, but when I order a custom build from BMW and am assigned a VIN, that means the car is in the process of being built for me. I received my VIN on 5/13, so why was my car already built on 4/22 ? (This is after I passed on various end of quarter calls to accept a car that similar to my own, since I wanted the latest build possible to avoid these issues.)

We will be very curious to see how this request goes at the service center - please update us when you can!

Still no part number on EPC for the bracket...
1653505157403.png

My MSP was just assigned VIN 4799XX… any thoughts about the chances it will swivel? Is there also something about new headlights?
You should have it. Any car built after 4/22/22 and VIN in the higher 477x's (478x's for sure) should have it.

I got a VIN last week, 476x. Called the SA and the born date was 4/19. I asked him to unassign it again. I waited so long, I can wait a few more weeks.