Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time from "in production" to UK delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And delivery took place of our 60D at Gatwick on the 28th as promised. As a pre-AP S owner my initial comments are:
  • Pleasantly surprised by how good the performance is, both acceleration and passing ability. Well above any other premium brand diesel SUV we have had as a second car
  • Handling is very comparable to the S and confidence inspiring, which is amazing considerring how big the X is. I think the anti roll bars are a bit stiffer than the S which causes some minor left/right jiggling at low speeds
  • Compared to my 2WD S, regen braking is more aggressive at low speeds
  • The S on coil springs has a great low speed ride. The air on the X is a bit more brittle at low speeds but fine once you get going
  • X seems to use about 100 watts per mile more than S on average
  • The new gen seats are excellent
  • The light headliner makes the interior feel nice and airy
  • The higher driving position makes it very easy to place and the A pillars get in the way less than on S
  • The windscreen is epic
  • The PUP auto front doors are fun, particularly nice to be able to open the pasenger door from inside the car
  • At last, cup holders and USB ports for all seats
  • Still getting used to the falcon wing doors. I would have bought the car with sliding rear doors
  • A great feature is being able to open the falcon wing doors and slide the middle row of seats forward for access to the back row all from the drivers seat
  • The LED headlights are very good
All in all, I am very pleased. It's been worth the wait!

IMG_8003.jpg

Reactions: Yoonoo
And delivery took place of our 60D at Gatwick on the 28th as promised. As a pre-AP S owner my initial comments are:
  • Pleasantly surprised by how good the performance is, both acceleration and passing ability. Well above any other premium brand diesel SUV we have had as a second car
  • Handling is very comparable to the S and confidence inspiring, which is amazing considerring how big the X is. I think the anti roll bars are a bit stiffer than the S which causes some minor left/right jiggling at low speeds
  • Compared to my 2WD S, regen braking is more aggressive at low speeds
  • The S on coil springs has a great low speed ride. The air on the X is a bit more brittle at low speeds but fine once you get going
  • X seems to use about 100 watts per mile more than S on average
  • The new gen seats are excellent
  • The light headliner makes the interior feel nice and airy
  • The higher driving position makes it very easy to place and the A pillars get in the way less than on S
  • The windscreen is epic
  • The PUP auto front doors are fun, particularly nice to be able to open the pasenger door from inside the car
  • At last, cup holders and USB ports for all seats
  • Still getting used to the falcon wing doors. I would have bought the car with sliding rear doors
  • A great feature is being able to open the falcon wing doors and slide the middle row of seats forward for access to the back row all from the drivers seat
  • The LED headlights are very good
All in all, I am very pleased. It's been worth the wait!

View attachment 220705
Congratulations alfie, I collected my 60D X from WD on 28th after a wasted day on 27th when it hadn't been delivered. Car has a few problems but including FWD misaligned, leather flap hanging down from under passenger seat. Possible dent below tesla t on paint. Finally no driver assist as it needs to go back for calibration. All a pain as my car was due to go in to be wrapped and ceramic coat. Love the car still and I will get a model s loaner so all good. Enjoy your car.

Ouch Cookielovers! That doesn't sound too good to me. The only issue I can see at the moment on mine is that the bottom of the Falcon Wing doors are not quite flush with the front door when it's closed.
Gatwick were very helpful, fitting a locking wheel nut set and the metal pedal covers pre-delivery. No doubt that they were very stretched with 17 new car deliveries to do on the 28th and I am sure that it was the same at Heathrow. I am sure they will sort the problems but they really shouldn't be there in the first place.
My business partner went to the Mercedes factory to pick up his new E-Class a few years ago and at the handover there was an obvious rip in the seat side bolster. At the factory they have three levels of customer restaurant depending on whether you are collecting an A, middle size or S-Class/Maybach. He and his wife were whisked off to the top one while a new seat was fitted. During dessert the delivery manager appeared with a factory worker, this was the bloke that had fitted his seat on the line! Much grovelling later they were on their way, so it can happen with any brand, premium or not.
My experience with Tesla service over 50K miles with my S is very good, so I am sure they will get it sorted for you.