Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t heard anything from them since the initial email saying thank you for your order. I also had the advisor add the carbon interior off the menu right after I placed it. He said with in a day or two I would see the addition on my order agreement but still nothing has changed.

How much extra was the carbon interior? I did not see that option. I am wondering if I can or should get it added as well.

I am closing out my 9th post order day. I ordered on the 28th of April and I haven't heard anything either. I have been emailing the advisor from the Tesla store but not a peep. So I called TESLA myself and asked about my delivery date. She told me that there wasn't one and that she would contact the store manager in San Diego whom I spoke with initially in attempt to get more information for me. She didn't have a clue about turn around time either. My initial delivery said in May. So I guess we play the wait and seek game now. I hope it goes better than how it is starting out!!!!!!

I am closing out my 9th post order day. I ordered on the 28th of April and I haven't heard anything either. I have been emailing the advisor from the Tesla store but not a peep. So I called TESLA myself and asked about my delivery date. She told me that there wasn't one and that she would contact the store manager in San Diego whom I spoke with initially in attempt to get more information for me. She didn't have a clue about turn around time either. My initial delivery said in May. So I guess we play the wait and seek game now. I hope it goes better than how it is starting out!!!!!!
Yea in the same boat. Ordered on 27th. As long as my order goes thru with the added carbon int & it delivers on the 30th of June I’m fine with the extra couple weeks, gives even more time to scrape some more cash together for extra stuff I want to do to the car. But a little communication would be nice.

Yea in the same boat. Ordered on 27th. As long as my order goes thru with the added carbon int & it delivers on the 30th of June I’m fine with the extra couple weeks, gives even more time to scrape some more cash together for extra stuff I want to do to the car. But a little communication would be nice.

Yep, communication is KEY here. For the amount of money we are laying out. I don't tolerate this kind of non- communication from the advisor either. It feels like once he confirmed that I placed the order.....crickets.

@ricoant12 If you placed the order on April 28th, yesterday was the 7th full day. California law provides you a 7-day right of rescission. Therefore, you could completely cancel your order until today. Model 3s are built to inventory, S and X are to order (obviously except inventory cars). Therefore, no significant action will occur on your order for the first 7 days (calculated at mid-night California time). So Today or tomorrow, depending on your order time, is the least amount of time for action on your order. Soon they will assign a VIN. In the next few days, you see the "edit your details" removed from your Tesla sign on. That means you can no longer make changes, since your car is in per-production.

A bit of patience. It is a challenge to keep thousands of orders updated within a few days of their order. Follow the info on your "my Tesla" page. That said, I ordered on 29th -- time to check and see if anything on my Tesla account changed... be still my heart. ;)

@ricoant12 If you placed the order on April 28th, yesterday was the 7th full day. California law provides you a 7-day right of rescission. Therefore, you could completely cancel your order until today. Model 3s are built to inventory, S and X are to order (obviously except inventory cars). Therefore, no significant action will occur on your order for the first 7 days (calculated at mid-night California time).

This is clearly not happening right now, I'm way past 7 days.

Haven’t heard anything from them since the initial email saying thank you for your order. I also had the advisor add the carbon interior off the menu right after I placed it. He said with in a day or two I would see the addition on my order agreement but still nothing has changed.
Did you have any luck with the carbon fiber interior? I asked my sales advisor and he told me that the carbon fiber option was no longer available for the non performance MX as of 2/15/19.

I just spoke to the folks at the Tesla Service center here a few minutes ago. They were able to change my order to include the carbon interior. I do have the performance model ordered though. They told me I should see the update on my order info on the web site in a couple of days.

Did you have any luck with the carbon fiber interior? I asked my sales advisor and he told me that the carbon fiber option was no longer available for the non performance MX as of 2/15/19.
He told me he added it to my order as soon as it was placed so I would be locked in to it. That I would see it once the order got updated on the site which hasn’t changed yet.