Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19BCD33F-7FDC-44B4-907C-BF20E2FA59DF.jpeg
Just got my text!!!

ORDERED: May 02
CONFIRMED: May 02
DELIVERY (tentative): May 16

Still no VIN on My Tesla Account.

I ordered my X on May 31st, 2018, and received my VIN about 2 weeks later. My actual delivery was on July 31st, 2018, so exactly 2 months. It does seem like the order process has changed since then a little bit from what I've read.

I can honestly say that it seemed like the longest 2 months of my life. I also thought about switching to an inventory car, but luckily inventory cars were really scarce back then so it wasn't really an option. After hearing some of the stories about inventory cars, I'm just very glad I held off.

If I have any advice, it's to stay the course and just keep telling yourself that the anticipation is half the fun. You'll get the vehicle that YOU picked out. Keep reading the forums and stay excited. Look into some accessories (I highly recommend the Topfit Welcome Lamp LED Interior Light Upgrade Kit logo puddle lights). Take care of getting your charging situation handled at home. Eventually the delivery day will be here and then it's pure bliss afterwards.

Congratulations!!

View attachment 407629 Just got my text!!!

ORDERED: May 02
CONFIRMED: May 02
DELIVERY (tentative): May 16

Still no VIN on My Tesla Account.

I placed my order 3 days before you for almost exactly the same car and nothing yet :( The only difference in mine is I ordered Performance with 5 seats. Our interior choice may be different too... I ordered black premium interior (hopefully with carbon since I visited the sales team and had them add it).

• Informative
Reactions: DoubleE
Congratulations!!

I placed my order 3 days before you for almost exactly the same car and nothing yet :( The only difference in mine is I ordered Performance with 5 seats. Our interior choice may be different too... I ordered black premium interior (hopefully with carbon since I visited the sales team and had them add it).

I was checking the Model X delivery spreadsheet, and looks like everyone who has scheduled delivery between May 16-23 all have the 6 seat configuration.

Also, the later dates appear to be east coast. I'm in Southern California so I'm guessing that's why mine is May 16 - with direct home delivery.

I'm really close to ordering an X. Site still estimates May, but based on this thread that seems to be highly optimistic. So long as it comes before the 6/30 tax credit drop I'd be ok. Delivery center folks here in CO said they think odds are very high of delivery in June for new custom S/X orders placed soon.

Good luck to all of you April orderers. I hope we start seeing Raven cars being delivered this weekend...

This is NEW! Maybe I am mistaken, but this is the first time I heard of Tesla sending delivery message as a text. I like it. Where's my TEXT? :(

Shout out to @K-MTG ... Been a while. Are you trading/selling 2016 X? Keep the Sun Shade. You waited long enough for it. LOL>

Reactions: K-MTG
This is NEW! Maybe I am mistaken, but this is the first time I heard of Tesla sending delivery message as a text. I like it. Where's my TEXT? :(

Shout out to @K-MTG ... Been a while. Are you trading/selling 2016 X? Keep the Sun Shade. You waited long enough for it. LOL>

I ordered the new X on the 23rd and traded in the 2016 X on the 26th at a local dealer. And yes I kept the sunshade (it is in my living room).

• Funny
Reactions: Nrazar