Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering only a few in queue have received any info at all, leads me to believe they are going slow with these and not in batches. The wait is killing me ;). It would not be so bad knowing what I can expect and when with some regular updates.
Completely agree. I can’t get my SA to return an email or phone call about an update and I am beginning to believe it is because they are 100% in the dark as well and she does doesn’t want to tell me so

Last edited:
Got a text today with delivery date of 5/17!
I ordered 4/24 and I’m in LA. I have a VIN on detail page as of today.

This info gives me hope that my X may arrive sooner than I previously estimated. It's almost like Tesla is not keeping up with the previous amount of information given to the customer (VIN, start of build, etc...) and just surprising them with an ETA of delivery within a week or less.

This info gives me hope that my X may arrive sooner than I previously estimated. It's almost like Tesla is not keeping up with the previous amount of information given to the customer (VIN, start of build, etc...) and just surprising them with an ETA of delivery within a week or less.

Based on the few updates, seems like you don't get a VIN until the car is done.

It’s just really weird how there hasn’t been a change to the order sheet at all (features added off menu). You would think at least those would show up. I think there was either a massive amount of ordering the new S/X after the refresh and they just can’t keep up or they really went prepared with all the new features in the cars and now there is a abnormal delay and their just keeping us in the dark so they don’t get any bad press.

It’s just really weird how there hasn’t been a change to the order sheet at all (features added off menu). You would think at least those would show up.

I would guess the order of events that went down is that they rewrote their order page to reflect Model 3 orders where you just get matched to VIN's, and then completely ignored the fact that Model S/X are built to order. That's what happens when you tell the intern to do this stuff. Just get it done, why think of the requirements or the user experience?

Same here! Got a text delivery date 5/21, ordered confirmed on 4/28. But, no VIN, no details on my Tesla account.

I hope it is accurate and you get delivery by then. I don't know about your state, but I cannot get proof of insurance without a VIN. So I would need to have that VIN at least a day before I can take delivery. Hopefully they give you that info soon.

On side note, I don't know how many have been using the Google form to update their tracking info on their purchases, but I hope everyone does to the best of their knowledge =). It lieu of information from Tesla for the balance of the orders, it helps provide some context about what may be happening behind the curtain.

Reactions: Amar
It's odd that new orders are still estimated for May Delivery.

The delivery estimate on the website is BS. I was told that estimate is for when they attempt to match you to an inventory car and deliver it to you quickly. My first order was 4/20 and it said April delivery. Then the new 325 mile range X was announced and I had to cancel and reorder, but I still wouldn't have gotten the old one in April obviously. They say 6-8 weeks for custom orders.

I hope it is accurate and you get delivery by then. I don't know about your state, but I cannot get proof of insurance without a VIN. So I would need to have that VIN at least a day before I can take delivery. Hopefully they give you that info soon.

On side note, I don't know how many have been using the Google form to update their tracking info on their purchases, but I hope everyone does to the best of their knowledge =). It lieu of information from Tesla for the balance of the orders, it helps provide some context about what may be happening behind the curtain.

I’m doubtful I’ll take delivery on 21st without having a VIN yet at this point coz that’s only a week away. Will utilize that Google tracking sheet, thank you!

Also, getting really impatient, thinking of just changing my order to an inventory 100D (same configuration and price except for exterior paint - ordered a black and inventory is white) and forego my new custom SR....? However, still not sure if I’d be waiting just the same amount of time to get a car before end of May.

Does anyone else find this waiting in the dark frustrating...?!

I think EVERYONE finds waiting in the dark frustrating. Maybe some more than others. =) I will wait for my configuration. I would not take an inventory, unless it is something like stock wheels and a $5k discount. Then i can go get aftermarket 22" wheels =)

Dark Grey, 22" wheels, black interior (had Tesla service center add Carbon package), 5 seat, and everything else. =)

The thing is, if they had my car, sans the 22" wheels, they could just swap wheels and sell me that car too. they would not have to discount it and still be able to get rid of an inventory car, so I am certain that would not actually happen. =)