Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a performance on May 16. I had a VIN assigned this past week. Tesla called tonight from Fremont (not my local delivery agent) to tell me my car was “accidentally” made with ash instead of carbon fiber and to see if that was OK. I know opinions vary on carbon fiber trim, but yes, if I am paying 110k for a car, I would expect the options to be correct. They have no idea on whether they can produce the correct vehicle by the end of the month, but invited me to cancel if it is a problem. This is not exactly confidence inspiring. I was planning on taking advantage of the free lidif

Ordered a performance on May 16. I had a VIN assigned this past week. Tesla called tonight from Fremont (not my local delivery agent) to tell me my car was “accidentally” made with ash instead of carbon fiber and to see if that was OK. I know opinions vary on carbon fiber trim, but yes, if I am paying 110k for a car, I would expect the options to be correct. They have no idea on whether they can produce the correct vehicle by the end of the month, but invited me to cancel if it is a problem. This is not exactly confidence inspiring. I was planning on taking advantage of the free ludic

Ludicrous discount, but I may just stick with my model S if they have fallen so far into a volume at all cost mentality. It was definitely different back in 2013. (Sorry for the broken post)

Ordered a performance on May 16. I had a VIN assigned this past week. Tesla called tonight from Fremont (not my local delivery agent) to tell me my car was “accidentally” made with ash instead of carbon fiber and to see if that was OK. I know opinions vary on carbon fiber trim, but yes, if I am paying 110k for a car, I would expect the options to be correct. They have no idea on whether they can produce the correct vehicle by the end of the month, but invited me to cancel if it is a problem. This is not exactly confidence inspiring. I was planning on taking advantage of the free lidif
That sucks man. Sorry. Idk what I will do if mine doesn’t come with carbon. Between finding out the ventilated/cooled seats are gone if they told me the carbon was left off I’d prb refuse the car at this point.

Got the same phone call today!! I changed mine back to carbon the same day that it mysteriously changed to the shiny black stuff, May 27th. They definitely assigned this vin to me hoping that I would just take it. I told him that if they can't get me a car by the end of the month that they will most certainly be discounting my car! He called back and said that they would work with me if that happens. Not a happy camper at the moment!

• Informative
Reactions: davezforce
ordered a new inventory refreshed model X, was told that I can't get free unlimited
Through some last-minute miracle working from my local Tesla contact and loan agent, my delivery has been moved up from Tues to... 2.5 hours from now.

Wish me luck.

good luck :) take lots of pictures. so you can always go back and make sure if there are any fit/finish issues

Great for all. I "stopped by" the delivery center canvassing the lot. There was only one Midnight Silver My X hadn't gotten there yet for Tuesday delivery. Most likely due to the storms crossing the South and Southeast. They were kind enough to track it -- didn't know they could -- it's on a carrier in Gulfport, Miss. just 5 hours from Atlanta. So should be no issue getting in tonight or tomorrow morning -- prep and delivery.

Well here she is. (Sorry about the falcon wing door that seems to be winking)

2019 Model X Performance Ludicrous Mode, 6 seat Configuration. Here's the funny story about our delivery experience though.

We arrive and the delivery manager sits us down and says: "Your car has 197 miles on it. Someone ordered this car, never showed up for it, so they drove it back to fremont which is where the milage is coming from, and shipped out here to Arizona. I hope you're ok with that..."

I was upset, and told him that 197 miles was not a NEW car and that I wouldn't take delivery for that.. he let me express my frustrations then said:

"Well, just give it a chance. Check it out and let me know what you think.."

So we went to do the walkthrough, everything checks out fine, but then I notice "Ludicrous Mode" on the screen, and he just winked at me..

So for whatever reason, they gave us Ludi mode without an extra charge.. it even shows on the Window Sticker matching up VINs and everything.

I verified that the car was manufactured May 15th so it is the refresh with longer range and the Raven software. I guess we got lucky. Glad to have this at home! Its a Freaking Spaceship!

unnamed.jpg

2019 Model X Performance Ludicrous Mode, 6 seat Configuration. Here's the funny story about our delivery experience though.

We arrive and the delivery manager sits us down and says: "Your car has 197 miles on it. Someone ordered this car, never showed up for it, so they drove it back to fremont which is where the milage is coming from, and shipped out here to Arizona. I hope you're ok with that..."

I was upset, and told him that 197 miles was not a NEW car and that I wouldn't take delivery for that.. he let me express my frustrations then said:

So we went to do the walkthrough, everything checks out fine, but then I notice "Ludicrous Mode" on the screen, and he just winked at me..

So for whatever reason, they gave us Ludi mode without an extra charge.. it even shows on the Window Sticker matching up VINs and everything.

I verified that the car was manufactured May 15th so it is the refresh with longer range and the Raven software. I guess we got lucky. Glad to have this at home! Its a Freaking Spaceship!

unnamed.jpg
Congrats!

Wow. WOW! WOW!!!
Ordered Raven Refresh Model X P100 Ludicrous on May 26th. I was told five to six weeks.
Just got text that my car is in transit and will be avail June 13th. That's less than three weeks from order to delivery.
I waited 6 months for my 2016!

Yowsa! Gotta hustle Teddy, my current 2016 X out the door.

They are kicking it!

Question??? I drove a white Model X 100 on May 26th and upon hard acceleration from 30 to 60 it still had the same "shudder" that my 2016 has. You would think the engineers would get it together in 2.5 years. Sales rep was unaware and had never experienced it.
He said that he felt the Performance beefed up Ludicrous model might not have the problem. I'm leary of that.

Anyone with a Performance Ludicrous model who has tested for the "shudder".

The only way around the "shudder" is to take off in Very low mode, how ever the camber results in extreme inside tire wear.

Let me know please. Would like to leave the "shudder" behind with the 2016.

unnamed.jpg

were you an existing model S/X owner? if not hey man did you order the ludacris package? or just "came with it" for free, I would take that car a run :)