TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Time-of-use rate options (NVEnergy - Las Vegas)

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by brec, Apr 4, 2017.

1. brec

brec Member

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 10.40.29 .png

This is for a new (to me) home in Las Vegas. Currently I have TOU rates in Reno, NV, for which there is no such option.

Option A or Option B? Notice the significant differences in: the duration of "summer"; the summer peak rates; and the monthly Basic Service Charge. For comparison, the non-TOU rate is a constant $0.11335/kWh with a $12.75 Basic Service Charge.

If I knew exactly what my usage patterns will be, I could figure this out. You might have some insights that haven't occurred to me...

2. LuPapa

LuPapa Member

Does that really say 36 cents per kWh? and wait 50 cents per kWh? WOW!

3. HumanGenome

HumanGenome Member

That actually doesn't look that bad. Here's what we get in Sacramento:

[​IMG]

4. Acho

Acho Member

I live in Vegas too and cant find reason to move from my single priced schedule at $0.11 per KW/h

May be I am wrong but considering the pool and the fact that some days I work from my home office can't justify the switch

5. brec

brec Member

Although there's a bit of bureaucratic overhead involved in switching, NVEnergy does guarantee that if, after the first year, you spent more on TOU vis-a-vis the standard rate, they'll refund the difference.

6. Acho

Acho Member

This was good to know!

Thanks for the info