Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time-of-use rate options (NVEnergy - Las Vegas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 10.40.29 .png

This is for a new (to me) home in Las Vegas. Currently I have TOU rates in Reno, NV, for which there is no such option.

Option A or Option B? Notice the significant differences in: the duration of "summer"; the summer peak rates; and the monthly Basic Service Charge. For comparison, the non-TOU rate is a constant $0.11335/kWh with a $12.75 Basic Service Charge.

If I knew exactly what my usage patterns will be, I could figure this out. You might have some insights that haven't occurred to me...

I live in Vegas too and cant find reason to move from my single priced schedule at $0.11 per KW/h

May be I am wrong but considering the pool and the fact that some days I work from my home office can't justify the switch

I live in Vegas too and cant find reason to move from my single priced schedule at $0.11 per KW/h

May be I am wrong but considering the pool and the fact that some days I work from my home office can't justify the switch
Although there's a bit of bureaucratic overhead involved in switching, NVEnergy does guarantee that if, after the first year, you spent more on TOU vis-a-vis the standard rate, they'll refund the difference.