Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to crack her open and get inside the network for AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your not on firmware greater then 19.3 root is very possible without desodering.

I'm also interested in getting root without desoldering.. Is there still "easy" ways of rooting my MCU1 AP2.5 running 2019.5.14?
Verygreen mentioned this in a tweet: "...starting from 19.8.2 the most common rooting method is closed..." so I supose it is still possible. I will buy/make a Z-type HSD cable if thats needed.

If there are any helpful members in the Tesla rooting communities preferably on the Norwegian west coast pleas contact me :) Would be extra nice to be able to meet in person and discus pro/cons of rooting.

PS: If/when I get root will tesla automatically notice this? And put me on that "be the last that get updates etc"-list?
Also I don't want to be last on the potential HW3 upgrade (even though I'm not holding my breath for this upgrade..)..

I'm also interested in getting root without desoldering.. Is there still "easy" ways of rooting my MCU1 AP2.5 running 2019.5.14?
Verygreen mentioned this in a tweet: "...starting from 19.8.2 the most common rooting method is closed..." so I supose it is still possible. I will buy/make a Z-type HSD cable if thats needed.

If there are any helpful members in the Tesla rooting communities preferably on the Norwegian west coast pleas contact me :) Would be extra nice to be able to meet in person and discus pro/cons of rooting.

PS: If/when I get root will tesla automatically notice this? And put me on that "be the last that get updates etc"-list?
Also I don't want to be last on the potential HW3 upgrade (even though I'm not holding my breath for this upgrade..)..

Yes, it's still possible, the hole is not closed before 19.8. Tesla might notice, it depends on how well you cover you tracks / delete logs and such and if you post something obvious.

Tesla will not "stop" giving updates, but you will certainly be seeing "less" of them, typically you'll officially get security updates or be the very very last to receive a new feature update, officially anyways.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200