Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to install parking sensors - group buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had front/rear sensors installed about 6 months ago. Love it. I had the front Display mounted on top of rear view mirror. No one ever notices it. Rear display mounted on ceiling near rear hatch. That way I can see it from my rear view mirror but is not noticeable otherwise.
guda8a6y.jpg
sa7ase6a.jpg

sweet, we're getting the same system installed without the displays. The less clutter, the better.

@Neeraj, thanks for the answers.
@teslasguy, thanks for the images. Looks really good and with very minimal visual changes.
@bhuwan, I took your advice... delayed the trip to attend tomorrow night! :cool:

Looking forward to meeting the group tomorrow night at the dinner and seeing some of these finished results.

Hitesh

Did this group buy ever happen and if so how much did the final equipment cost?
I am looking at the front and rear cobra model as well. The cobra has a speed pulse control for the front on/off does this not work with the tesla?

Also do you find that you continue to use the LED displays both front and rear after you have had the system for a while or just go by the sound?

How did you mount the one on the rear view mirror and how stable is it, i.e can you grab it when adjusting the mirror or does this put it at risk to be knocked off?

Finally where did you purchase the units from since there is no authorized USA distributor?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Did this group buy ever happen and if so how much did the final equipment cost?
I am looking at the front and rear cobra model as well. The cobra has a speed pulse control for the front on/off does this not work with the tesla?

Finally where did you purchase the units from since there is no authorized USA distributor?

Thanks!

Yes it did happen. The installer has a contact that was able to get the hardware. If you are in the Boston area, happy to show you the install.

I think the cost was ~$2000 for front/rear install and it took the entire day.