TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Time to sell my 2013 Model S - P85+

Discussion in 'Model S' started by chuckn, Apr 23, 2018.

1. chuckn

chuckn Member

I’ve loved this car. I originally bought it for my commute, after doing the same with a Tesla Roadster for 2 years.

Then I changed jobs and moved to the city, and my commute became a 4 block walk. I no longer needed a car, but I kept it because I loved it.

Now in 2 months we're moving to Portland, and my new condo wants $6K to have a charger installed, along with $15/mo for the 3rd party charging service. And I’ll still have a non-existent commute so I’m not really driving that much anymore.

While I still love love this car, its getting harder and harder to rationalize keeping it. I wanted to ask whether there was any advice on pricing, best place to sell, or on the off chance anyone here would be interested, here’s the info:

53,719 miles
    Tesla Extended Service Agreement purchased (covered until 2021 or 100K miles)
    Windows tinted as dark as legally allowed in CA
    Tech package
    Sound Studio package
    Air suspension
    Rear facing seats
    Pearl White paint, grey interior
    Panoramic Glass roof
    21” Grey Perf Plus rims
    Lacewood decor
    I think I bought everything available at the time, except the rear spoiler. Paid $117K in May 2013.

Tesla Center Console added in 2015
    Whisbar roof rack with 2 bike carriers (list over $1000) - pretty easy to remove when not using

Exterior is in great shape and the interior is like new (actually still has new car smell). Tires are due for replacement within the next few thousand miles.

A range charge reads 253 miles

More photos at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2hSmVhTfxawI56e03

IMG_0286.jpg

2. demundus

demundus Active Member

3. r1cw3b

r1cw3b Member

Chuckn I'm interested; sending DM