Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to start a UHF rebate petition?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else feel ripped off at this point for shelling out the bucks for the “upgraded” audio system? On the totem pole of things the Tesla software engineers seem to care about, I’d say we’re about five feet underground and crushed by weight of other priorities.

I was so damn mad this morning when I got in the car and yet again the audio system had defaulted to standard quality with the “enhanced” button usurping the Dolby surround. I had no time to reboot the system and instead listened to AM quality audio during my entire commute. It seems whenever the engineers go looking for bandwidth or memory, it’s always the audio system that pays the price. I don’t use autopilot every time I get in the car, but I damn well do listen to music or the radio every time. With each new iteration of firmware the audio system gets crappier and crappier. I certainly would not have paid a premium back then if the “upgrade” was in its current state.

Stop f***ing around with it or refund what I paid. At this point it is approaching bait and switch territory.

I made a buying decision based on the inclusion of something that is...no longer included.

Not too pleased about the mucking around they are doing with the audio system. Either leave the software alone or upgrade the hardware to match.

Reactions: George Jetson
The audio quality has most definitely degraded from the “as bought” package. The user interface has gone from semi-sophisticated and sleek which was appropriate for a luxury sedan to so clunky and crude, I would expect to see it in a sub-compact economy car. I just don’t get it. The things that drivers use everyday, like climate control and audio entertainment just get crappier and crappier while some doofus at corporate sits at their console all day trying to integrate a fart machine.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and RayW