Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint 3M Color Stable vs Ceramic Series vs Crystalline

Which 3M film do you recommend?

• 3M Color Stable

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 3M Ceramic

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • 3M Crystalline

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A local installer with a good reputation is willing to do the following options on all windows minus the roof and the windshield:

All have a lifetime warranty
Option #1 : 3M Color Stable
Option #2 : 3M Ceramic - 10% more $ than #1 , reflects 12% less heat than #3
Option #3 : 3M Crystalline - 250% more $ #1

I am thinking of doing 35-40% on all windows, 50% on the back window, 50% on the roof

------------------------

Crystalline seems to be very popular, however, it is substantially more.

I am leaning towards Option #2, Ceramic.
Can you share your experience, post any photos?
Recommend percentages?

I have 50% ceramic and I think it’s looks the classiest on higher end cars. To me going super dark screams after market and young kid (you may be one). I’m 38 and not wanting to look like a college student.

Tinting the roof is not necessary unless you just prefer it. There’s a YouTube video where an installer says it’s a waste of money.

Reactions: evalst2018
I was tempted to do the roof. I got something like crystalline and I was sure it will perform better than the factory Tesla tint. When I hold my hand next to the roof, I feel very similar heat compared to when I hold my hand against the window. I can feel considerably more heat from the windshield.

But all these anecdotal stories don't mean much because these days it's very easy to check and know for sure, like the video posted above. There are too many variables just to go by what someone says