Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tint and ppf rec’s in Salt Lake City

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting my M3 on Friday, (Knock on wood) I am taking it over directly to Clearbra on Harvard Ave. They did my previous car, and I was pleased. Since I am a repeat customer, I also get a discount. They are also going to do a window tinting and Ceramic overcoat.
Luxe Autospa has also been recommended by one of the Tesla associates. There are probably others, but those are two I know about

I am getting my M3 on Friday, (Knock on wood) I am taking it over directly to Clearbra on Harvard Ave. They did my previous car, and I was pleased. Since I am a repeat customer, I also get a discount. They are also going to do a window tinting and Ceramic overcoat.
Luxe Autospa has also been recommended by one of the Tesla associates. There are probably others, but those are two I know about
Thanks Andrew! Congrats on your imminent delivery. I’m completely in love with mine!

I took my car to Tint Action of Utah for a full wrap and tint and could not be happier with the result. I had also considered Luxe auto spa, but in the end felt Julio (the owner) at Tint Action would treat my car as if it were his own - which he did. It also helped the communication and prices were way better at Tint Action. It took a little longer than expected (it’s a small shop) to get all the work done, but it is absolutely flawless and I can’t wait to take my model X there, when I get one! :D

At the very least, give Julio at Tint Action a call and tell him Riley sent you. I’ll have my Model 3 back from having ceramic coating added on Tuesday night. I am more than happy to provide pictures of Julio’s work then, if you’d like.

Reactions: tony b
I took my car to Tint Action of Utah for a full wrap and tint and could not be happier with the result. I had also considered Luxe auto spa, but in the end felt Julio (the owner) at Tint Action would treat my car as if it were his own - which he did. It also helped the communication and prices were way better at Tint Action. It took a little longer than expected (it’s a small shop) to get all the work done, but it is absolutely flawless and I can’t wait to take my model X there, when I get one! :D

At the very least, give Julio at Tint Action a call and tell him Riley sent you. I’ll have my Model 3 back from having ceramic coating added on Tuesday night. I am more than happy to provide pictures of Julio’s work then, if you’d like.
Thanks for the info, that sounds great! Yes I’d love to see the final product. How much work did you have done and how long did he need to keep it for?

His website looks good, I’ll call Julio tomorrow. Did you tint the rear windshield on your 3? I’m still debating how to go about that

Thanks for the info, that sounds great! Yes I’d love to see the final product. How much work did you have done and how long did he need to keep it for?

I will try to get some pics to you once I am able to. I had the entire car wrapped in PPF, matte vinyl installed on the center console (to help hide finger prints), and all windows + back (in one piece) tinted with suntek CIR 30%. I think 30 blends very well with the factory sunroof tint over the front seats, but it is a little darker when looking up (looking at clouds for example) while in the back seat than I would have liked; however, I think I would have been more annoyed with the roof window tints being completely different shades. Pick your poison, I suppose. Julio needed ~1.5 weeks with the car for the work above, but I kept changing dates and wasn’t able to confirm a drop off day until last minute due to the chaos surrounding my delivery, so I believe he worked on it inbetween smaller jobs he had scheduled around my “estimated delivery date.” Though it took longer, Julio kept me up to date and wanted to make sure it turned out perfect, opposed to rushing it out the door, which I greatly appreciate.

His website looks good, I’ll call Julio tomorrow. Did you tint the rear windshield on your 3? I’m still debating how to go about that

Glad to help. He did mention on Friday when I picked up my car that he was going to another competition this weekend, so if you don’t get ahold of him right away tomorrow that could be why. Hope it all works out for you, he’s a great guy and does an amazing job. If there’s anything else I can help with, feel free to comment here or PM me.

I will try to get some pics to you once I am able to. I had the entire car wrapped in PPF, matte vinyl installed on the center console (to help hide finger prints), and all windows + back (in one piece) tinted with suntek CIR 30%. I think 30 blends very well with the factory sunroof tint over the front seats, but it is a little darker when looking up (looking at clouds for example) while in the back seat than I would have liked; however, I think I would have been more annoyed with the roof window tints being completely different shades. Pick your poison, I suppose. Julio needed ~1.5 weeks with the car for the work above, but I kept changing dates and wasn’t able to confirm a drop off day until last minute due to the chaos surrounding my delivery, so I believe he worked on it inbetween smaller jobs he had scheduled around my “estimated delivery date.” Though it took longer, Julio kept me up to date and wanted to make sure it turned out perfect, opposed to rushing it out the door, which I greatly appreciate.

Glad to help. He did mention on Friday when I picked up my car that he was going to another competition this weekend, so if you don’t get ahold of him right away tomorrow that could be why. Hope it all works out for you, he’s a great guy and does an amazing job. If there’s anything else I can help with, feel free to comment here or PM me.
Cool. Thanks again @Goosby. I’ve called him and looking to schedule for next week :)

Thanks for starting the thread @tony b as a lot of us are here in Utah and active on this forum, but lets face it most threads are either Cali focused or other larger metro areas. We are big enough to justify our own space a bit though. I thought Tesla was going to jam me into the Q3 deliveries, but it's looking like next Tuesday, which is just fine by me. Then the car will need tint and PPF on the front bumper. I'm keeping it for 10+ years and it'll get worn in that time, but that bumper just looks like a rock magnet. I wish the protective films for the windshield were perfected, but I here very mixed reviews.

Sorry, Tony. I completely forgot to follow up with this thread. I thought about it and tried to take some pictures last week, but realized it’s really hard to take a picture of PPF is done well (because it blends seemlessly). I meant to come back and ask if there was anything specific you wanted to see, but forgot until now. So, here are a few pics and I can get some more of anything/anywhere you’d like.

A couple things to note, the space where the film “meets” looks bigger in the pictures because the camera is zoomed in, and the line on the trunk is where Julio had to blend two pieces; I think it looks great how he did it.

Attachments

• 4942BE12-CDFE-4019-A753-936418D6B1AC.jpeg
    4942BE12-CDFE-4019-A753-936418D6B1AC.jpeg
    448.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 2573C99B-F3BA-49DB-B8B3-BCEA7788438A.jpeg
    2573C99B-F3BA-49DB-B8B3-BCEA7788438A.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 226
  • E10C89A0-C10A-4404-A6A2-1D2F0EA82405.jpeg
    E10C89A0-C10A-4404-A6A2-1D2F0EA82405.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 236
This is my first post, I own a white AWD M3, took delivery Sept 18th. After finding this thread while looking at options for ppf and tint I decided to meet with Julio over at Tint Action, thanks for the suggestion @Goosby. I'm so glad I did and am here to encourage others who are on the fence to give him a call or stop by his shop. He's the owner and installer w/ 20 years experience, has worked on a bunch of M3s too. I've heard of other shops using two pieces of film to complete the rear window tint but Julio only uses a special ordered single 60" piece. Prices were all up upfront and I felt very comfortable with his no pressure sales attitude. I ended up with 30% ceramic tint all around and full front end ppf and couldn't be happier!
IMG-3773.JPG

Reactions: djgarrett21
This is my first post, I own a white AWD M3, took delivery Sept 18th. After finding this thread while looking at options for ppf and tint I decided to meet with Julio over at Tint Action, thanks for the suggestion @Goosby. I'm so glad I did and am here to encourage others who are on the fence to give him a call or stop by his shop. He's the owner and installer w/ 20 years experience, has worked on a bunch of M3s too. I've heard of other shops using two pieces of film to complete the rear window tint but Julio only uses a special ordered single 60" piece. Prices were all up upfront and I felt very comfortable with his no pressure sales attitude. I ended up with 30% ceramic tint all around and full front end ppf and couldn't be happier!View attachment 353429

You mind saying what it cost? Both for the tint and PPF?

I'm looking to do the exact same, tint and front end PPF. With all the amount of gravel being hauled around on I-15, reportedly soft Tesla paint, and the flatish nose of the M3, I'm afraid a front PPF is a must here in Utah.

You mind saying what it cost? Both for the tint and PPF?

I'm looking to do the exact same, tint and front end PPF. With all the amount of gravel being hauled around on I-15, reportedly soft Tesla paint, and the flatish nose of the M3, I'm afraid a front PPF is a must here in Utah.

I totally agree @djgarrett21, I-15 is terrible with regards to loose gravel. The PPF makes me stress a lot less when I see flying rocks.

Julio sells three levels of tint with varying degrees of UV and heat rejection. I purchased the ceramic (CIR) level of tint which is the most expensive at $599. There are two levels below ceramic that would also be worth investigating, starting around $260.

Obviously the PPF can be customized so the prices can vary but he does have three packages to choose from which can be modified for whatever's desired. I got the unmodified "premium" package which cost $949, it includes the entire hood, entire fenders, mirrors and bumper. He cut around all the sensors and temporarily removed the Tesla badge on the frunk in order to apply a single uninterrupted protective sheet, don't worry he'll put it back on once the film dries. I dropped the car off in the morning and picked it up that evening, he even called me halfway through just to let me know how things were going.

Reactions: djgarrett21
I totally agree @djgarrett21, I-15 is terrible with regards to loose gravel. The PPF makes me stress a lot less when I see flying rocks.

Julio sells three levels of tint with varying degrees of UV and heat rejection. I purchased the ceramic (CIR) level of tint which is the most expensive at $599. There are two levels below ceramic that would also be worth investigating, starting around $260.

Obviously the PPF can be customized so the prices can vary but he does have three packages to choose from which can be modified for whatever's desired. I got the unmodified "premium" package which cost $949, it includes the entire hood, entire fenders, mirrors and bumper. He cut around all the sensors and temporarily removed the Tesla badge on the frunk in order to apply a single uninterrupted protective sheet, don't worry he'll put it back on once the film dries. I dropped the car off in the morning and picked it up that evening, he even called me halfway through just to let me know how things were going.
was the $599 with the roof tint?