Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint in San Diego

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I wish.. have you ceramic a car before?
Yeah. It's not too hard. I watched a few tutorials from Adam's Polishes and already have a random orbit polisher and have detailed all my cars and a few friends. It took me the same amount of time as a regular polish and wax except for waiting for the cure time before hitting it with the ceramic boost. Any ceramic coating will look awesome but feel a bit tacky and dust will stick some. Ceramic Boost will add a bit of shine but mainly give it a triple wax smoothness. Boost is also recommend for Xpel PPF.
Some people are paying over a K for a pro job. If you have to buy a random orbit, $150 for a good one. I have a Van Haus and it's been great. Adam's ceramic coating, $85.
Ceramic Boost about $25. Coating prep, $15 or 20 depending on size. Another 20 for a good polish and pads. $300 total and some sweat and save 800 or 1K.
The tutorials explained every step and show technique so your confident when you get started. Check it out on the website and save the $ for Christmas. :D

Just a heads up I'm getting my car done at monumental workx tomorrow. The price I got was $500 for all 6 side windows plus back window. The back window is 1 sheet just incase you were wondering. It's going to be Lumar Formula One Pinnacle tint. I'm probably going to be doing 30% all around. Just wanted to let everyone know about the deal I got since lot's of people are buying cars at the end of quarter push.
That's interesting. I got my tint from Monumental Workx too a few months ago. 25% Pinnacle and 70% stratos on driver and passenger side windows. It was $660. I think you got a bargain. I didn't like the 70% because it had a blueish color. So I had them change it out for Pinnacle 40%

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I’d check with California Wraps in San Marcos before you get yours done. I had mine tinted with the partial back glass for $300. Been a year and it’s been great with no problems.
Any chance you could post a pic of your rear tint with the partial? I am really struggling with what I want to do on the back window because I don’t want to add extra darkness to the existing rear roof section.

IMG_0236.jpeg
IMG_0234.jpeg
IMG_0235.jpeg
IMG_0237.jpeg

Here you go.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Hey Wennfred, that's how mine looks. From the outside you see nothing. Inside, the break is behind the back seat so they don't notice at all. You won't see it through the rear view mirror. Only once you turn in the front seat or standing outside poking your head in of course! I love mine and don't really notice it. Because it breaks behind the back seat I think it makes it look like it's part of the rear hatch area. Good luck with yours! :cool:

I'm in San Diego myself and about to pull the trigger on tint. I've ran into so many beauitful (imho) tint jobs and all of them are from a different place. Ive been to refereed to about 3 different spots so far in SD. All around $500. Is there a consensus as to which is the best/better ones?

I'm in San Diego myself and about to pull the trigger on tint. I've ran into so many beauitful (imho) tint jobs and all of them are from a different place. Ive been to refereed to about 3 different spots so far in SD. All around $500. Is there a consensus as to which is the best/better ones?
$500 is fairly typical if it's not including the windshield. Mr. Tint in Vista did mine including the windshield for $620. They are recommended by the TMC of SD and offer members a discount. The ceramic films IMHO are the best in general and mine is LLumar Pinnacle. Another member did his without the clear film on the windshield and paid around $500. Later he found out that the clear would cost another $225.
Mr.Tint has several locations in the SD area. I do suggest starting with them in your research. I, for one, am extremely happy with the quality of the installation. Here's how my 3 turned out.IMG_20190820_111536788.jpg IMG_20190820_111559284_HDR.jpg

Reactions: mlkmade