Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tint pricing question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ballpark figure on just tinting the sides ceramic on model 3
thanks
mississauga area
Should be able to get it done for between 250-350 if hunting for a deal. I've seen some places charge 500+. That was almost 2 years ago, maybe prices have gone down since then due to more 3s on the road. Adding the back adds a fair bit, and imo isn't necessary. I only have my sides and am happy with it.

I got mine done at Smart Detail in North York for $450 after taxes, this also included doing the back window in 1 piece though so not too sure how much it would be with just sides. Smart Detail was awesome though they took a lot of care while tinting.

Not all "ceramic" is created equally. Xpel has several ceramic films that differ in price drastically. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Then there is the quality of installation, are they filing/shaving the door glass edges, 1 piece rear film?
Very True! People always think Ceramic is just Ceramic , Checking the specs of the film always help !

The accurate way to compare window films for their heat blocking efficiency is to compare similar shades and their TSER rating. That stands for Total Solar Energy Rejected. The rest of the numbers and stats are nifty marketing tools. 1 or 2 % difference may not be worth a higher price. ...BUT, a 5% or more in TSER difference, in the same or similar shade, can be huge in actual temperature differences.

The accurate way to compare window films for their heat blocking efficiency is to compare similar shades and their TSER rating. That stands for Total Solar Energy Rejected. The rest of the numbers and stats are nifty marketing tools. 1 or 2 % difference may not be worth a higher price. ...BUT, a 5% or more in TSER difference, in the same or similar shade, can be huge in actual temperature differences.
Well Said!

Reactions: Premiertint
what percentage did you get...i have white,,as well looking to match color of roof
I actually got 20% all around. I love the look of it! Although I have to admit it makes looking out the side mirrors a bit difficult at night. I usually have to roll down my window now when backing into my garage, to be fair though I do have a single garage so it can be a tight fit