Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint problem and seeking advises

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
XPEL did reach out to me, by email and by phone. They clearly stand by the quality of both their product and service, and make all the effort to take care of the end users. They will even go extra miles to have their lead installer to come to reinstall the tint on my 3. This level of customer service says a world of the company. Kudos to XPEL! To avoid any unnecessary negative vibe on the company and product (even though they did not cause any of the problem), it would be fair to remove this thread now. Thanks everyone for the valuable discussions and information!

I think this thread should be kept around. It's a shining public example of XPELs customer service quality.

My Model 3 is currently having Xpel PPF applied to the front bumber, Glassparency applied to all glass, and 4x coats of Ceramic Pro applied over the entire car. The shop doing it also does tinting, but they told me they won't do the back glass in a single piece of tint. Their reason is that they would have to order a 60" roll that would take too long to get rid of which is fine - it's their business.

Anyways, I've been shopping all day for a tint shop and reading online about which way to go with tint level and Brand. I wasn't specifically looking for Xpel Prime XR+ until I came across this thread and saw Xpel's response. Since then, I found a shop nearby that not only will do the rear glass in 1 piece, but only uses Xpel XR and XR+ and they've done over 100 model 3s.

Last edited:
I think this thread should be kept around. It's a shining public example of XPELs customer service quality.

My Model 3 is currently having Xpel PPF applied to the front bumber, Glassparency applied to all glass, and 4x coats of Ceramic Pro applied over the entire car. The shop doing it also does tinting, but they told me they won't do the back glass in a single piece of tint. Their reason is that they would have to order a 60" roll that would take too long to get rid of which is fine - it's their business.

Anyways, I've been shopping all day for a tint shop and reading online about which way to go with tint level and branch. I wasn't specifically looking for Xpel Prime XR+ until I came across this thread and saw Xpel's response. Since then, I found a shop nearby that not only will do the rear glass in 1 piece, but only uses Xpel XR and XR+ and they've done over 100 model 3s.

Crazy thing is, this is similar to how I wanted to try @XPEL! I wasn’t specifically looking for xpel until I saw them active on forums and helping distressed customers. It’s not xpels fault for bad shops but their customer service makes up for it and makes it even better by having one less thing to worry about. There was a another post where suntek rep ghosted after asking about xpel ppf vs other brands when I mentioned @XPEL would help if things goes south.