Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just got my model S tinted in MD Columbia area, Huper Optik ceramic 40%.

I was told this film takes few weeks to dry completely and I will notice bubbles until it's dried fully.

I am concerned if the shop used same film throughout since I clerly see bubbles on all 4 windows but none on the rear windshield.

Anyone with similar experience? Anyway I can verify its the same film? I took it back to shop and the person who installed film assured me it's the same film but I still want to make sure 100% somehow.

Thanks

I noticed something similar on mine with Hüper Optik 30%. I had a few tiny bubbles on the rear hatch, but many larger ones on the side windows. It's been about 4 weeks, and most bubbles have dissipated. The hatch is completely clear while the side windows are almost there.

Not sure how you can tell for sure, but it seems to me the shop that did the work has more to lose than gain by lying about something like that. The shop I've been going to for years relies heavily on word of mouth and repeat business for the bulk of it's business. Risking it's reputation by swapping out the film could damage all of that in a hurry.

I noticed something similar on mine with Hüper Optik 30%. I had a few tiny bubbles on the rear hatch, but many larger ones on the side windows. It's been about 4 weeks, and most bubbles have dissipated. The hatch is completely clear while the side windows are almost there.

Thanks for the info. Actually just when I picked up the car (within 2 hours of tint being done), rear windshield had no visible bubbles. Not sure how they dried up that fast.

Just ordered a solar meter, not sure how accurate that will be but at lease I can try to measure heat transfer into the vehicle. I plan to compare windows vs. rear windshield... I just want to make sure I got what I paid for, $500 huper optik ceramic...

Depends on how much "lubricant" soap/water combo was used during application

I'd recommend anyone using a rear camera like BlackVue to wait at least a week for tint to "cure". Then install and keep out of the sun for 1 week to allow camera adhesive to cure as well.

I found my camera slid down the line leaving a snail trail of adhesive.

Only person thankful Tesla broke my window fixing the Gps wire. I got it retinted and install is clean again

Sorry for hijacking your thread

Here is a video showing results of heat transfer into the car, notice the difference between windows and rear windshield. This is after one week of getting it tinted. Assuming shop used same tint, why the huge difference?

Here is a video showing results of heat transfer into the car, notice the difference between windows and rear windshield. This is after one week of getting it tinted. Assuming shop used same tint, why the huge difference?

my bet would be the angle of the sun hitting the glass. It's more perpendicular to the rear glass than the side window. But I'm a liberal arts major, so take that with a grain of salt.