Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint recommendations in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did my Model S tint at ProTint back in 2013 when I picked it up. No complaints and the film still looked perfect after three years. Looking back at my receipt, it was Llumar CTX35.

I just had Peter do my X last month after I picked it up. He did the driver and passenger windows' tint and Xpel Stealth for the seats, and Ultimate for the hood and bumper. Very pleased and would definitely do again on my next Tesla. Comparing the two, I would say the advantage goes to Peter, because of the convenience of him coming to you and not having to deal with the hassle of dropping my car off at a shop someplace and coming back to get it later, especially given the longer time it takes to do a big job. Plus, Peter came very highly recommended, and the fact that he does JN exotics vehicles tells you his work is top notch.

Thanks gmtom!

The advantage you cited isn't really a good one for me, because my tiny 1-car garage at home is too small to open any of the doors all the way, so probably not helpful for tint installation, so I'll have to drop it somewhere anyway.

What can you tell me about the tint film that Peter installed versus the CTX35 that Dwight uses? Does it have the same general appearance? Is there a color cast on either, or are they a more 'charcoal' shade?

Does one seem to reject heat any better than the other?

Thanks in advance!

I don't really think there was much difference between the two. The CTX on my S was slightly darker in comparison to my X, but I think it's only because the X has more light coming in from the windshield vs. my S.

a2CTsMDUs7leQHowyJMFBrT4w8voh7tkrUGJlfYMVSqM7Cu0NG_qiT5RqR-z8JtbE5lQFXcVe2OCWno80JNM-L2Z0ZBiuV1oWTkmgpb9cx_SXxctVMeph0RgMsawX6FvTwaeu5aRHgSA76RnReoSNf2xt8VK1wQVwHUrNmC4n6K9VKQnow0xQwr0Mh_Upodaz-pRNVfmIrkS2HbD2nwqTGLE6QFaaxi4uI49xg3XZCzNXGQhcz7h6kCI-95ShD6ddu5XaYACk71Bv2kot5WEKMRMXZ-QyuSRzV82YOLncxPa5ES71oWiA-Gks9Bgu2yIgX8cVNgNRAkbHLuo-UmuuMmRxBbkflPIbXHB8On-NPmlnHczm3LRUQ7V53jHocAk_MKtA3eLOKo3x1irR-CjC1lUn6-803sMdUMH-2I24cAhKR-LkSZ0ME3vYr3PbD2R9tFLXkojGI33W4pD7uYjOD9G6ReSqYKUSh72qfrP1QG5aCSSdof8MR_JEbLw3E5qm4iLtpbMmXU1CcAlInagPnOTyfnlt7zV0YZFqO2qolCPkdAvqwZ0Iif8K-3PoBfpPULjOx9q5PlrzXdqQnjoraZk7Zv8dn8_emttVJ5k8kGF5EM8Fw=w1680-h1260-no

Reactions: stoebs
Over the course of years, I've had a number of vendors install different tints on my various cars. I've worked with TNT, Al's Tinting, ProTint, and Jun's. I've actually had good experiences with all of them and wouldn't hesitate to go back to any of them (the tint itself has held up well from all of these vendors).

@stoebs - if you're looking for huber optik, I'm pretty sure that Al's installs it (think I had it on my old Infiniti), including a windshield film. If your garage is tiny and you can't open your doors completely in there, you may not be able to go with Jun's since Peter doesn't actually have an install location.

Reactions: stoebs