Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips for garage door opener (not homelink)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be installing this one as a solution this weekend.
FYI if you plan on linking this to an existing home automation system, like Google Home or SmartThings, Chamberlain charges an extra fee, $1 per month or $10 per year. Google it for more info. Just in case you were not aware, before you opened the package... You can use it with no extra fees if just direct via the app, but they charge if you want to integrate with other systems...

4D0497AE-CA48-499B-8D12-17C7BCD9169B.jpeg
346F34C6-C24D-4669-8112-1AA97F6A3C20.jpeg
891F7CC8-D391-4131-A0EE-9F8B0F8D53EE.jpeg
I mounted my garage door opened under the screen today and what a genius location it is! Can’t even tell it’s there. I posted a few photos so you can see how there’s juuuuuust enough room to not block the top door of the center console

Not visible at all.

Fyi I have the myQ app and device installed at home. I don't want to open the app to open the garage door. I'd rather just hit a physical button.

Thanks @DtotheW! We also have myQ with our opener. It's handy enough for opening the garage door, but I dislike closing it using the app because the opener emits a bunch of warning noises for the entire time of the closing (and a bit more at the beginning).

I have the myQ from chamberlain so I can check if I left it open. But I also keep the original garage door opener in the organizer in my center console.
I do not leave things out on visors. Had a friend get his broke into, and they try to get the garage door opener and registration to head to your house, open the garage etc. it’s a cruel world.

Thanks for the Siri shortcut tip. Feel like its a tad advanced, but worth it. Anyone who tries it I attached some things that need to be edited. Uses a auth token and name for the myQ garage door.
Amy app developer would be right at home hah.

“Hey Siri open/close garage” works now.

Attachments

• 98E2D00C-34F3-4F7E-B253-E7B7683D9BDB.jpeg
    98E2D00C-34F3-4F7E-B253-E7B7683D9BDB.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 77