Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Advice after pothole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I order the tst wheels and tires to Tesla, will they take delivery and put them on? Are they cool about that kinda stuff?
That varies by dealer.

Update... hey guys so I towed to Tesla and both rims are screwed, F%#^! So 2600 because of a stupid pothole on a practically brand new car. I’m really pissed they use these low profile summer tires on this car. It’s ridiculous. They should use all seasons. What’s the go to option for bailing on the 20’s on a m3p? Is there a standard play? I’m considering it instead of rolling the dice with oem....

Please don't get taken by Tesla dealer's claim that you need to buy new wheels from them. Simple pot hole wheel damage is easily repairable, and the work is reasonably inexpensive.

I had just that done to my set of 20" Tesla wheels last summer, when two wheels were repaired and tires re-installed on the spot by Crimson Wheel in Edison NJ. One wheel was bent so badly that the tire would not hold pressure (pulled to the side, later came back and replaced with set of winters). Repaired wheels are as good as new, and cost was $110 each, including new tire installation and balancing.

I called ahead, setup an appointment, drove up (in another car) with a pair of bent wheels and newly ordered tires in the trunk, went shopping, picked up repaired set about an hour later.

Hope this helps,
a

P.S.: If you don't want to drive to NJ, you can mail your bent wheels to WheelsAmerica, and they will mail you back straightened wheels a day later:

Reactions: dropgems
I feel ur pain... this is how my first 750 miles ended...

3265F9E1-ABE0-4310-A360-FCE2D008DB85.jpeg

Update: dealer said they can install diff tires and wheels as long as I sign waiver and they’re within Tesla wheel parameters. Thinking of going with the 18” ts sportline wheels and tires package. Any downside to this besides the looks? Thx!

Should I get an alignment after the pothole and the new all season tires?
Been having a terrible experience with Tesla service. Initially they recommended an alignment, i said fine then the latest invoice from them it appears it was left out.

Unless car is pulling I don’t think you would need it necessarily
Yea I don’t know because I havent driven it really post pothole and I don’t think they have either. They initially said car needs an alignment then after some back and forth fighting with them and them trying to rush to get my car out of there, I think they just threw the tires on without driving it or alignment that they said I needed.

Have a 2020 Performance with 4500 miles on stock tires. Hit a giant, unavoidable friggin pothole on the Verrazano yesterday. Now I have two bubbles front and rear passenger side tires. I think the rims are okay but I guess will have to have them looked at to be sure. Was just wondering my options. Looking for the cheapest, and easiest solution basically. Should I just replace the two passenger tires with oem or is the wear going to be screwed up because the other two tires have 4500 miles. Thx bros.
Call your Insurance company and see if you can submit a claim under Collision coverage.