Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Alternatives for Model Y Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The original tires that came with my MYP are going to be toast in the spring/summer. I have a dedicated 19" winter rim/tire setup.

What are most doing when they need to replace the OEM 21s? Staying with the same tire and sizes? Going to an all season? Beefing up on the sidewall a bit?

I really don't need a performance tire but have no issues getting another set since I have a winter setup. But if there are better alternatives and a bit more sidewall protection options out there, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

I’m not one for swapping tires for winter/summer seasons and so I usually stick with A/S tires.

With just about 500 miles on my MYP, I already swapped them to a 19” squared setup. I’m leaving the original set as a spare set and in the case I ever want to have some fun… though they also have A/S tires, which I curbed last week.

Hankook iON evo A/S comes in MYP 21" fitment, as does the Sailun ERange Ecosphere. Other than that, you're looking at the OE Michelin or Pirelli tires.

If you slightly change the sizes, more options are available. The Hankooks seem to be a good Michelin alternative, so far, from a comfort/noise perspective.

Loving my Vredestein Quatrac Pro's. Not as nimble as the AS4's but probably better in harsh weather. They also should last longer and they cost less. Oh and they are super quiet after break in. I think they look great too. 👍
These are not 21" standard MYP fitment correct?

In other news: Continental released the Vikingcontact 7 winter tire in 21" MYP fitment for this season.