Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Bands for 22"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of the 22" black rims/tires from the referral program. However, when I went online to Evannex to order the tire bands their website says they are NOT compatible with the 22" rims...

Any suggestions on ones that are?

Thanks.

I use them on my 22s and they worked flawlessly (until Tesla had to remove the foam inside the tires meant for noise reduction - it had come loose and was causing a shimmy). Bought another set and plan on installing this weekend.

ETA: one trick: Cut both the channel and insert too big and let the pressure keep them straight. Otherwise you end up with this every so slight dip where the two ends meet. Best of luck!

I use them on my 22s and they worked flawlessly (until Tesla had to remove the foam inside the tires meant for noise reduction - it had come loose and was causing a shimmy). Bought another set and plan on installing this weekend.

ETA: one trick: Cut both the channel and insert too big and let the pressure keep them straight. Otherwise you end up with this every so slight dip where the two ends meet. Best of luck!
Thanks for the tip!

Super old thread...but curious what your experience is/was with these bands. Still not sold on them in general, but after getting my first curb rash today in the 22's, keeping an open mind to prevent future blemishes after this is fixed.

Just finished trying another brand and came back to these. I like the ease of application, ease of removal (the ones I just removed were a bitch), their low profile, and the shade of red better (I know, not that big a deal).