Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure not shown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have had the car for over 24hrs and have driven over 45miles. The tire pressure readout on the screen is still blank. Is this normal? When will it start registering? What about efficiency? That is also not updating in that lower left-hand scrollable area.

Once you start moving the TPMS wake up and send data. Stop/Park and the data stops. That’s to conserve the small batteries inside each TPMS. BTW the sensors on ALL our GM vehicles have lasted between 5 and 7 years before they needed to be replaced. And then if one fails your better off replacing all four.

Reactions: shivaas
Yep, need to be driving to register.

I wish Tesla would fix this. Not everyone takes a walk around their car (looking for flat tires) before taking off. I think it would be nice to show tire pressure at all times, so that you would know your tires are flat before driving on flat tires (which could some damage to rim or tire).

I mean most ICE cars have that feature. Even my Chevy Volt has that feature.

Yep, need to be driving to register.

I wish Tesla would fix this. Not everyone takes a walk around their car (looking for flat tires) before taking off. I think it would be nice to show tire pressure at all times, so that you would know your tires are flat before driving on flat tires (which could some damage to rim or tire).

Same with my 2012 STI and the batteries were still good when traded in on my m3 in December

Every car I've ever driven with TPMS did not update the tire pressure reading when parked. I wonder if some cars just remember the last reading? Reason is simply that the battery inside the TPMS would run out way to fast.

BTW: I noticed last time the reading appeared after moving maybe 20 ft out of my garage.

Every car I've ever driven with TPMS did not update the tire pressure reading when parked. I wonder if some cars just remember the last reading? Reason is simply that the battery inside the TPMS would run out way to fast.

BTW: I noticed last time the reading appeared after moving maybe 20 ft out of my garage.

Maybe the cars I drive are just too high-tech. 2017 Honda Pilot, 2017 Volt, 2013 VW Touareg. All 3 of them gave me psi at engine start-up.

All 3 of those cars will provide me with instant tire pressure, as I am the one that goes to the gas station to fill them-up (my wife wouldn’t know what to do).

As I fill them, they give updated readings.

My last car was a Gen2 Volt and it DID give readings even while the car sat. I would check sometimes while sitting and add air if needed and it would show the new value without ever have to start it. Had for 4 years on original tires with no issues.

In light of the replies above, I'm wondering if some TPMS sensors react not only to movement, but to pressure change as well, and then briefly send out an update to the car. That would still save battery life (assuming just keeping track of pressure change can be done efficiently,e.g. with only the pressure sensor being active, not the RF part).