Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Puncture After 2 Months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that how they do it in New Jersey?!?! 🤪

Technically, replacing the tire might be worse than having it repaired. After 11k miles, the rear tires could be worn down quite a bit. Having one new rear tire and one worn rear tire could actually be dangerous in some circumstances.
There has been post that AWD teslas are smart enough or I think member mentioned that it had couple motors that having different life on tire thread was perfectly fine. Don’t know how true it is.

Tell that to some fliers that have been stranded for almost a week due to cancelled flights. After spending two days in an airport a few years ago, no thanks. I find driving my Y much more enjoyable.
Totally agree with you on this one. I hate dealing with airport nonsense. It's only getting worse. I prefer driving long distances rather than dealing with airport nightmares

Reactions: howardnj
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the nail on the tire. Please see the picture.. just 3 weeks into buying a tesla and 1000 miles. Found the nail today. Slowly deflating.
Should I go to tesla or a third party?

Attachments

• 20230701_105942.jpg
    20230701_105942.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 105
Nothing special about Tesla tires.
That screw is too close to the sidewall, so the tire will probably need to be replaced.

Discount Tire/America's Tire, if they're near you, is the place to go.

Hi, does anyone have any experience with the nail on the tire. Please see the picture.. just 3 weeks into buying a tesla and 1000 miles. Found the nail today. Slowly deflating.
Tesla came to my home with their fully equipped tire roving van. They replaced and balanced a new tire. A third party is cheaper but if they do damage improperly lifting your vehicle or improperly torque the lug nuts then it becomes your problem.

Attachments

• Tesla Left Rear Tire IMG_9758.JPG
    Tesla Left Rear Tire IMG_9758.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Tesla Mobile Van IMG_9762.JPG
    Tesla Mobile Van IMG_9762.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
H
Tesla came to my home with their fully equipped tire roving van. They replaced and balanced a new tire. A third party is cheaper but if they do damage improperly lifting your vehicle or improperly torque the lug nuts then it becomes your problem.
How much did they charge you?

In NJ Tesla has roving tire repair vans that come right to the house. They showed up in my driveway in 40 minutes.
Since I make frequent trips to Florida from NJ I am not about to take a risk of a failed plug or blowout in a tire on I95
Tesla documents the thread depth on their invoice of all four tires as well as the brake pads. They properly lift the vehicle and properly torque the lug nuts. There are those always looking for the cheapest way out. I'm not one of those! I learned that important lesson a long time ago.
Is that fix-a-flat goo next to the bolt?