Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire size for Raven MX with 20" wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Raven MX on order, should be arriving in 7-10 days. There's a tire place right next to the Tesla dealership and I want to pre-order some winter tires so they can put them on right after I pick it up.

What is the tire size for the Raven MX with 20" wheels? Thanks.

I'd suggest you order the kit from tesla or the steel wheel kit from TireRack that is the snow tires and rims and all so you can just swap wheels at home, but to answer your question:

The default 20s on it my Raven X came with Front 265/45-20, Rear 275/45-20 Continental Crosscut LX.

Not sure if a stamped steel wheel would work with the Tesla. The offsets would probably be incorrect. That being said, the first decision is the diameter wheel you would want to use 19” or 20”. If you chose a 19” diameter then you can only do a square setup. The rim must be at least 8.5 inch wide with +35 offset, with 265/50R19 all the way around.
If you do 20” you can either do a staggered or square setup. I chose to use the 20” rims in a square setup. I have 9” rims with +35 offset and 275/45R20 all the way around. Since all snow tires are directional I can only rotate front to back but if you chose a staggered setup then there is no rotating possible.

I have 20" TST Sportline wheels on my MS with snow tires. I'm trading in the MS for the MX. My plan is to put the original/factory wheels/tires back on the MS when I trade it in, and then use the 20" TST Sportline wheels on the MX with new Blizzak snow tires (since the MX will require different size tires than the MS). Then I'll sell the snow tires I have now on the MS.

Is there any disadvantage to a square setup with the 20" TST Sportline wheels?

Reactions: Chunkylover53
I run both my winter tires set on 20” rims and my summer tires set on 22” rims (Unplugged Performance UP-3 Super Light Forged wheels) in a square set up. I have no problems either way. and can do tire rotations. Only issue would be towing limits on the 22” square setup but I don’t tow with our MX.

I just put on Pirelli Scorpion Winter tire with 265/45-20 on the front, 275/45-20 on the rear with Helo 20" rims for around $2,500 all in from Tire Rack.They look great and drive fine.
IMG_6250.jpegIMG_6253.jpeg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image.png
    image.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: