Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tired of waiting, opted out of FSD Beta safety scire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How hard can it be for Tesla to say:
1. Rollout has been paused until xxxx

I’ve had 99 for a month,,2300 miles, called Tesla, written Tesla

Bottom line, they 100% suck at customer communication. I love the company… but they are getting very bullshitty in admitting to problems and/ or providing customers status!

BK

• Love
Reactions: coleman567
I love the tech and I love testing/reporting/exploring the edges of the beta city streets feature, IMO its a lot further along than you might assume based on all the complaining in various social media and is cool as hell -- and 100% needs 100% of your attention if its engaged.

The way they treat their beta testers is horrible, it would take a technical staffer maybe an hour a week to send out some status updates and address the really basic questions that are posted all over the place. They don't need to read/respond everyone's emails (which is a lot of work), but a little transparency would go a long way toward building allies instead of enemies out of their paying customers who are testing for 'free'. I do still think its amusing how they ghost the press, but I think folks taking on risk and jumping through hoops for them should get a little better.

This might be a little shortsighted because its going to be pretty hard to repeat this level of interest (and/or it may get shut down by the govt) down the road, so they should treat every bit of data and opportunity as precious and irreplaceable even if they can't use it today.