Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires not inflating - searched the forum earlier

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I tried searching the forum earlier and obviously couldn't find an answer. Basically on my MY the rear tires just do not inflate. I tried moving the car a bit so the stems are at the top position but every time I pressed the inflator against it all I can feel was air coming out but air couldn't go in. Not a problem with the front though FWIW. Note these are the OEM Continental tires that came with the car.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I tried searching the forum earlier and obviously couldn't find an answer. Basically on my MY the rear tires just do not inflate. I tried moving the car a bit so the stems are at the top position but every time I pressed the inflator against it all I can feel was air coming out but air couldn't go in. Not a problem with the front though FWIW. Note these are the OEM Continental tires that came with the car.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.
Do you have any other car tires (perhaps a second car) you could try inflating to see if you get a similar result?

What are you using to inflate? A small inflator that clips on or a compressor with a tire valve fitting?

I’d take it to a tire shop, most will top off the air for free. Either it will fill or they will tell you what needs to be done to fix it. Is it possible that someone used fix-a-flat on them?

What are you using to inflate? A small inflator that clips on or a compressor with a tire valve fitting?

I’d take it to a tire shop, most will top off the air for free. Either it will fill or they will tell you what needs to be done to fix it. Is it possible that someone used fix-a-flat on them?
They were underinflated so I wanted to top off. It's an air compressor at a gas station.

Wrt your question on fix a flat, that I don't know. I bought the car used recently.

They were underinflated so I wanted to top off. It's an air compressor at a gas station.

Wrt your question on fix a flat, that I don't know. I bought the car used recently.
If used car, that would be my guess. You could get a valve core remover and try to remove the core and clean it out. But that may also leave you with a broken core and a flat tire.

Reactions: ultramantaro