Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMA 10.25" integrated with carplay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you loose connectivity to the main tesla screen when connected to the dash disaply? What about FSD? is there any issue with connecting your phone to both the tesla main screen and the screen same time? like if you answer a call if there an issue with it?

I installed the unit today. Very simple install couldn't get easier. Display looks nice and crisp and displays pretty much all the info you would probably want. If in P you can use the touchscreen and its easy to edit the settings. I read a review that said it didn't stick to the wood dash but it adhered to mine fine (so far anyway) Some problems do stand out so far though. The onscreen vehicle is the wrong color with no way to change it. The visualization simply shows a 4 lane road most the time does not reflect where you are driving and also shows no other vehicles. On the upside though the fonts match Teslas's and I like the brake light visualization. Also I didn't try using FSD to see what the display does yet.

As far as carplay goes I do not ever use carplay so it may just be my noobness causing a problem. It works well to turn on and start carplay on the screen when you enter the car and looks like it would work well. But I tried to play music off carplay and it would either play it through the devices speaker (not good obviously) or when I set it to bluetooth in the device options I didn't hear it playing anywhere. The scroll wheel controls worked fine for controlling carplay except that pushing right is ok and left is exit carplay so I kept getting that wrong. I did notice that sometimes the button would also trigger the tesla function (ie follow distance) Not sure if it was always or not haven't used it enough. I also haven't got a phone call to see what happens there. It didn't seem like the left scroll controlled the carplay music but that may be because it wasn't actually playing through tesla speakers I assume.

Overall being that it was only $200 and I like the display in front of me I like it so far. Will keep trying things and let you know. I have contacted the company to see if there is a firmware update to address some of these issues no word yet.

Pros:
  • simple install
  • nice crisp display with tesla fonts
  • cheap (cost not quality)
Cons:
  • visualization not traffic accurate (maybe none of them are not sure?)
  • car color wrong
  • buttons to control could use some work
  • carplay music not coming through tesla speakers

Last edited:
Reactions: JKad