Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To protect the screen or not to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this matte one that includes an install frame for the perfect installation (one of the easiest installs I have had).

If you are going with glossy, then the screen protector won't be doing much, but this matte screen does help a lot for reflective glare (although in some cases if the glare is intense enough it still won't help). Also rejects fingerprints, but as others mentioned, the fingerprints aren't visible anyways when screen is on. The cost is the contrast is a bit muted, but not by much. Didn't notice any effects on sensitivity, but prior to installing it, I did use the touchscreen with the factory plastic sheet for a long time, so maybe your experience would be different if comparing to bare.

I have this matte one that includes an install frame for the perfect installation (one of the easiest installs I have had).

If you are going with glossy, then the screen protector won't be doing much, but this matte screen does help a lot for reflective glare (although in some cases if the glare is intense enough it still won't help). Also rejects fingerprints, but as others mentioned, the fingerprints aren't visible anyways when screen is on. The cost is the contrast is a bit muted, but not by much. Didn't notice any effects on sensitivity, but prior to installing it, I did use the touchscreen with the factory plastic sheet for a long time, so maybe your experience would be different if comparing to bare.
I second that. It's an excellent screen protector. I used to be unable to look at the screen as I was backing out of my driveway when the sun was at the right angle (and we all know it always is lol). I don't use it as a protector, it's more of an anti-glare device to me. Never had any issues in terms of touch sensitivity, temperature or otherwise.

Reactions: cmy4x4 and ODWms
I got the Spigen and installed it within weeks of getting my car. Still got a crack in it somehow. Impact mark right at the bottom of the protector, with a small crack. It has grown to about 2" in the past 2 years. Figure I'll replace the screen eventually.