Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Spoiler or Not To Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1plavs

‘22 MYP, White/Black
Mar 29, 2021
MKE
AC30E54B-EE3E-4556-B26A-A7B8B8752B31.jpeg
I’m debating. Really debating. The look, style and beauty of a spoiler vs not having one.

Would it look too much like I wanted a MYP, but didn’t want to pay the difference? Not sure how others look at that. There are different MY’s are to be fair there should be easy way to ID them(other than the brake caliper color and suspension).

Here’s the one I’m considering and from what I read they fixed the “un- sticking”.

V-style, Matte

I really need something that has a “no unsticking” guarantee. And it has to be Matte, no Glossy.

You might want to stay away from the OEM lip spoiler then. Was a constant struggle with my Model S. And the spoiler on my MYP was already replaced once due to it lifting on one edge. Just not enough surface area to get a solid seal. RPM Tesla seems to have some options where the ends of the spoiler are much larger.

I know some people recommend using Betalink for a permanent solution.

You might want to stay away from the OEM lip spoiler then. Was a constant struggle with my Model S. And the spoiler on my MYP was already replaced once due to it lifting on one edge. Just not enough surface area to get a solid seal. RPM Tesla seems to have some options where the ends of the spoiler are much larger.

I know some people recommend using Betalink for a permanent solution.
Yes, RPM has the Razzo and Jupitor spoilers that seem to go more edge to edge. Ordered the Matte Razzo in June and am patiently waiting for it to arrive. I have the RPM match to OEM right now and despite two tape downs, I have a very slight lift on the passenger side. I am hoping the longer, wider version solves this.

Reactions: ucsdsig
Yes, RPM has the Razzo and Jupitor spoilers that seem to go more edge to edge. Ordered the Matte Razzo in June and am patiently waiting for it to arrive. I have the RPM match to OEM right now and despite two tape downs, I have a very slight lift on the passenger side. I am hoping the longer, wider version solves this.
I really wanna stay away from the cheap knock off because those can crack and I’m sure they can unstick. I’m with you there I’m weighing my options of the spoiler because of that unsticking issue.

Nice. I was looking at the matte Razzo as well. Please post pics once it's installed.

View attachment 691020I’m debating. Really debating. The look, style and beauty of a spoiler vs not having one.

Would it look too much like I wanted a MYP, but didn’t want to pay the difference? Not sure how others look at that. There are different MY’s are to be fair there should be easy way to ID them(other than the brake caliper color and suspension).

Here’s the one I’m considering and from what I read they fixed the “un- sticking”.

V-style, Matte
I have the non v matte on order currently. Apparently they have gloss in stock but all mattes are on back order.

I have the non v matte on order currently. Apparently they have gloss in stock but all mattes are on back order.
That’s why I was considering this one plus carbon fiber is nice, but I’m not willing to pay that much more for it as it will not be noticeable 80% of the time. Since I have the Inductions I think the matte black will match the wheels vs the glossy carbon fiber. Carwiner Tesla Model Y Trunk Spoiler Wing ABS Rear Trunk Spoiler Wing Performance Carbon fiber Sport Accessories 2020 2021 (Matte Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097C8HW6Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3Q6PKS6BBZ7HC40Z5RQN?psc=1

I switched from the Razzo to the performance plus. They told me last week they are still 3-4 weeks out on the matte Razzo.

That’s why I was considering this one plus carbon fiber is nice, but I’m not willing to pay that much more for it as it will not be noticeable 80% of the time. Since I have the Inductions I think the matte black will match the wheels vs the glossy carbon fiber. Carwiner Tesla Model Y Trunk Spoiler Wing ABS Rear Trunk Spoiler Wing Performance Carbon fiber Sport Accessories 2020 2021 (Matte Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097C8HW6Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3Q6PKS6BBZ7HC40Z5RQN?psc=1
The performance plus is molded on the ends to hug the rear hatch area better. I think it is going to stick a lot better. I’ve tried some knock offs and I can’t get them to stay down. I switched from the Razzo to this one, and used the savings to buy the matte carbon mirror caps. I think it will be a nice touch. Just have to have my PPF guy wrap the matte mirror caps in XPEL Stealth to protect them.

Reactions: e645824