Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Spoiler or Not To Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interested in the Jupiter spoiler in gloss carbon fiber from RPM Tesla. But they are presently out of stock and Chad couldn't say when they would be in-stock again. They are "redoing the molds". I prefer the contouring of the Jupiter over the Razzo.

I did find what appears to be the same part from:

and Tesery is using some of RPM Tesla's photos.

Does anyone know if this is actually the same part? and who the real manufacturer is of the Jupiter spoiler?

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

578391C8-2193-440E-90ED-462B38F1573C.jpeg

I got my carbon fiber spoiler OEM style from RPM Tesla and had my PPF installer put it on for me. He said the fit is way better than the OEM one.

Attachments

• 1871610E-A4BE-4EF1-A8AB-9025F3EAF512.jpeg
    1871610E-A4BE-4EF1-A8AB-9025F3EAF512.jpeg
    610.9 KB · Views: 141
I had wanted to get the Jupiter spoiler from RPM Tesla, but they are Out of Stock. When I contacted them, they said that the molds were being reworked. I prefer the design of the Jupiter spoiler to the Razzo. Anyway, I just noticed that there is now a Notify button for when it is in stock again...

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

I had wanted to get the Jupiter spoiler from RPM Tesla, but they are Out of Stock. When I contacted them, they said that the molds were being reworked. I prefer the design of the Jupiter spoiler to the Razzo. Anyway, I just noticed that there is now a Notify button for when it is in stock again...

Scott

--

The Jupiter spoiler for the Model Y is back in-stock at RPM Tesla. They said that the difference between the "old" one and this "new" one was that the mounting region was now hollow, but the spoiler itself is still the same as before.

Scott

--

I received my gloss carbon fiber Jupiter rear spoiler from RPM and just finished installing it. Here are some photos immediately after mounting:

1654362594713.png
1654362642050.png
1654362671952.png
1654362706179.png
1654362743712.png
1654362773437.png

And here are some final photos a couple of days later after I removed the tape:

1654362822314.png
1654362863903.png
1654362905415.png
1654362937659.png

I'm very happy with it. However, in the RPM installation video they show 5 pieces of 3M tape: 3 long ones, and 2 short ones at the ends. But that was using the old "solid" design for the spoiler. The spoiler that I received is the new design that is hollow on the underside. So I only had 2 long pieces of tape.

My only complaint is that there is a gap on the underside one the left (about 6-inches from the end) where the tape isn't quite mating to the car. Not sure if it is the spoiler's fault or the car's fault -- the curve of the spoiler doesn't exactly match the curve of my 2021 MYLR. When mounting, I pushed hard but couldn't get that gap to close. At some point I may try to fill the gap with some JB Weld. The gap is a couple of millimeters on the left underside and the tape isn't engaging with the trunk there. The right side doesn't have that gap. I don't have the problems on the ends that some folks report; I had specifically applied pressure and blue tape there to prevent those problems.

Scott

Edit: the thread for the RPM spoiler on the Model S also reports a gap. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/rpm-tesla-updated-carbon-fiber-spoiler.266201/. So it looks like the gap is RPM's fault. The thread recommends RTV silicone.
--

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
I received my gloss carbon fiber Jupiter rear spoiler from RPM and just finished installing it. Here are some photos immediately after mounting:

View attachment 812600 View attachment 812601 View attachment 812602 View attachment 812603 View attachment 812604 View attachment 812605

And here are some final photos a couple of days later after I removed the tape:

View attachment 812606 View attachment 812607 View attachment 812608 View attachment 812609

I'm very happy with it. However, in the RPM installation video they show 5 pieces of 3M tape: 3 long ones, and 2 short ones at the ends. But that was using the old "solid" design for the spoiler. The spoiler that I received is the new design that is hollow on the underside. So I only had 2 long pieces of tape.

My only complaint is that there is a gap on the underside one the left (about 6-inches from the end) where the tape isn't quite mating to the car. Not sure if it is the spoiler's fault or the car's fault -- the curve of the spoiler doesn't exactly match the curve of my 2021 MYLR. When mounting, I pushed hard but couldn't get that gap to close. At some point I may try to fill the gap with some JB Weld. The gap is a couple of millimeters on the left underside and the tape isn't engaging with the trunk there. The right side doesn't have that gap. I don't have the problems on the ends that some folks report; I had specifically applied pressure and blue tape there to prevent those problems.

Scott

Edit: the thread for the RPM spoiler on the Model S also reports a gap. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/rpm-tesla-updated-carbon-fiber-spoiler.266201/. So it looks like the gap is RPM's fault. The thread recommends RTV silicone.
--

Wheres your matte T from? Looks great!