Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today is the day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been lurking and learning on this forum for quite some time, so thank you to everyone for your comments and insights. I have test driven the Model S twice, and today is the day I'm placing an order. Any and all comments and insights are welcome, particularly around extended warranty and service plans and whether paint coatings are a must. I'm planning for a Model S 90D in midnight silver metallic, panoramic roof, 19 inch wheels, smart air suspension, black next gen seats, autopilot, premium interior with black alcantara headliner, and carbon fiber trim.

Welcome to the forum! A great post and congratulations on your Model S order with a wise choice of selections during configuration.

After delivery, have your detailer check the paint quality to discuss and demonstrate the choices for protection. There are plenty of threads on the subject.

UPDATE: Check with Tesla Motors if you want a 100D. Tesla is going to do a 100D and P100D...

Last edited:
I'm planning for a Model S 90D in midnight silver metallic, panoramic roof, 19 inch wheels, smart air suspension, black next gen seats, autopilot, premium interior with black alcantara headliner, and carbon fiber trim.
Sounds absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

I had CQuartz paint coating applied, basically to extend time between washes. It does that, even better than I had hoped.

I'm planning for a Model S 90D in midnight silver metallic, panoramic roof, 19 inch wheels, smart air suspension, black next gen seats, autopilot, premium interior with black alcantara headliner, and carbon fiber trim.

Your configuration was exactly what I had in the beginning. When I did my first test drive, all the SC had was a P90D. The rep who assisted me had the setting to sport and told me that is probably the closest setting that would be similar to a 90D. He told me that a 90D is scheduled to be at the SC in a week and he would contact me for another test drive if I wanted. I went for the 2nd test drive and ended up ordering the P90D!