Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toll Booth Detected (Apparently)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
New one for me! On the A13 heading west. Literally just come off the A130 and the car slightly slowed for a brief second with a flash of a message saying, Toll Booth Detected.

Now....I'd love to know where it is getting its information from. Because if it is the cameras then god knows what it thought was a toll booth but also its kind of impressive that it could recognise one at all?

If its from the map data well to the best of my knowledge there has never been any kind of toll in that area.

Or do Tesla just know something we don't...perhaps the government plans to tax by the mile are further ahead than we thought? :eek:😂

Reactions: pgkevet
Had this happen to me twice in the last week or so. It seems to see gantries with signs on as tollbooths. The first time I was leaving the motorway on a slip road that was going downwards. The second time I was staying on the motorway. Currently on 2023.12.9 which went in last Monday.

Had this happen to me twice in the last week or so. It seems to see gantries with signs on as tollbooths.

I had similar with FSD stop line control recognising gantry signs and tunnel lights as a reason to prompt me to confirm (iirc via accelerator or stalk) to continue within a few secs otherwise it would stop from motorway speed. I’ve long since turned off that functionality because of it. I’ve subsequently seen floating traffic lights instead over the motorway lanes.

This has made me rethink that in the heat of the moment so I missed it, it may also have suggested toll booth.

Thankfully it’s much less common than every overhead gantry signs (although pretty common in tunnels) and in my case I think it may have been when gantries are not showing anything but have a small red light on the cabinet.

Toll Booth Detected.

Getting ready for the new infrastructure

-1x-1.jpg

🤓

Reactions: fholbert