Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TomTom dash install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t like the company, don’t like their ethos, don’t like how they go out of their way to harvest personal information in order to monetise it.
Insofar as I can (I am fully aware that this is probably fighting a losing battle) I would rather not give them details of my journeys or exact locations.
Umm FYI Tesla uses google maps...pretty sure they already have your magnetic ink!!

Umm FYI Tesla uses google maps...pretty sure they already have your magnetic ink!!
My understanding was that they used Google’s imagery but not the guidance system per se.
But fair enough, there are things I can do something about and things I can’t.
If anything, being a contrarian stubborn arse takes away a bit of my feelings of helplessness ;)

My understanding was that they used Google’s imagery but not the guidance system per se.
But fair enough, there are things I can do something about and things I can’t.
If anything, being a contrarian stubborn arse takes away a bit of my feelings of helplessness ;)
it actually uses google guidance as well...

if you compare the route google and tesla gives you, you will see that these will be identical (unless settings are different). while waze, even owned by google, may have different routes (sometimes)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
Hi, this looks great - but could you not just mount the TomTom mount onto the Tesla dashboard behind the steering wheel? What do you need the ProClip Center mount for? Is it just to make it closer to the steering wheel?
Agreed, it looks great. Having my navigator sittting in my lap while driving is a bit awkward. We use the sucky TT mount on the windscreen in front of her 😊

Hi, this looks great - but could you not just mount the TomTom mount onto the Tesla dashboard behind the steering wheel? What do you need the ProClip Center mount for? Is it just to make it closer to the steering wheel?
I think when I tried, the suction mount wouldn't stick onto the tesla dashboard. I also think the angle wasn't quite right whereas my version it sits right in between where the traditional speedo would be.