Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too late for referral code?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a very short window where Tesla staff was able to add codes to existing orders. I ordered on reveal night for my father in law and two days before his delivery (this past week) the DA said he was able to add my code to his order. He said he didn't know if it would stick or not because a few hours later they weren't able to do it for other orders. I'm showing it as delivered in my Loot box but I don't know if we will actually get the SC mile/contest entry or not.

I sent this to my delivery advisor:
"I understand Model Y is eligible for referral and 1,000 free Supercharging miles. As a Tesla owner (2016 Model X) I am eligible for 1,000 free Supercharging miles if I refer someone – myself for example. How do I accomplish this?"

I got this reply:
"All our referral must be used at time of order, so if we would not be able to add the referral after the fact."

He didn't say the Y wasn't eligible, he just said it couldn't be added after ordering.

Reactions: beezy
I sent this to my delivery advisor:
"I understand Model Y is eligible for referral and 1,000 free Supercharging miles. As a Tesla owner (2016 Model X) I am eligible for 1,000 free Supercharging miles if I refer someone – myself for example. How do I accomplish this?"

I got this reply:
"All our referral must be used at time of order, so if we would not be able to add the referral after the fact."

He didn't say the Y wasn't eligible, he just said it couldn't be added after ordering.
And my delivery advisor said last week, " I can add a referral code to your order. No problem.". I said that I had heard there were problems adding them and he said "I've always been able to add them with no problem. Maybe those advisors didn't know how. Okay, the code has been added to your order. Is there anything I can do for you before your delivery on the 27th? Or, actually, it's looking like it'll be early. We'll contact you when it gets closer and you can decide if you want to change the delivery date then."

Okay, the code has been added to your order. Is there anything I can do for you before your delivery on the 27th?
Well, I like your guy better than mine! I'm trying to think of a way to apply a little pressure without pissing him off. I don't even have a VIN yet.
By the time I get the Y I'll have paid Tesla about $150k. It seems like a couple thousand miles of Supercharging is a small ask.

Well, I like your guy better than mine! I'm trying to think of a way to apply a little pressure without pissing him off. I don't even have a VIN yet.
By the time I get the Y I'll have paid Tesla about $150k. It seems like a couple thousand miles of Supercharging is a small ask.
I know, right? 1,000 mile's is less than $100, isn't it? Why so stingy, Tesla? Of course, being put into the monthly drawing for a Model Y would be cool as well.

I just got a reply from referrals program support - pretty much telling me that retroactive referral is not happening. I opened a case with them on the day I placed the reservation, and their reply at the time was that MY wasn't eligible for reservation. I figured I would reply to that same email chain. Oh well.