Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TOOK DELIVERY TONIGHT! Worth the wait guys!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've posted here and there regarding my Model 3 Performance I ordered on Feb 4. It was the most complicated, chaotic car purchasing experiences of my life. I yelled. I cried. I wanted to cancel. Okay, well that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I've gone from beyond excited to beyond annoyed from so many mix ups, mixed messages, last minute delays, damaged cars, etc. I finally picked up my car tonight!

I showed up at 6PM for my 6PM delivery appointment. I told one of the people there I was here to take delivery. I waited about 40 minutes and then it was my turn (it was busy with deliveries). The first thing I was sat at a desk to sign the paperwork. After that, I waited another 10 minutes or so, while they got my car to the front. I did a quick inspection, everything looked near flawless. It was cleaned beautifully. There were some slight misalignment on the driver side chrome panel and a gap on the driver side front light. It wasn't a big deal, but I mentioned them to the person and he said they measure everything before the car gets shipped and again when they take delivery and there is slight difference, but it's within their limits. Other than those two things, the car looked flawless, so I didn't fuss and just said it's okay then.

I took my gf for a quick spin outside the dealership to show her the acceleration and then dropped her off at the car we came with. All I can say is WOW! I test drove the car a couple times and loved it, but it feels so different when you drive your OWN and I say that in the best possible way! All my frustrations and anger have gone away. I used the autopilot, it's actually so simple and intuitive. It brakes hard when a car makes a last minute turn in your lane. Loved it. The acceleration. The big front windshield makes the world look like a movie screen.

The only issue I'm having now, I don't think it's normal, but I notice a hissing sound that is quite loud when you don't have music on, even with music on medium volume, you can still hear it. It's coming from under the glove box, at least that's where I think it's coming from. I'll have to call them tomorrow about it, but that doesn't even upset me because I'm just so happy with the car.

So basically, for all of you angry, annoyed, frustrated, etc... I know exactly how you feel, but I can say that once you finally get one that isn't beat up, it will all feel worth it.

Congrats!

Regarding your "hiss" , try turning off your A/C and Fan. I had not realized until just the other day (had my 3 for couple months now) when I turned off the A/C and Fan just how much quieter it was than with them on. Just a thought as mine doesn't "hiss" when they are on or off but it is noticeable difference but only just.

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
Congrats!

Regarding your "hiss" , try turning off your A/C and Fan. I had not realized until just the other day (had my 3 for couple months now) when I turned off the A/C and Fan just how much quieter it was than with them on. Just a thought as mine doesn't "hiss" when they are on or off but it is noticeable difference but only just.
Even louder than the A/C hiss is the noise form the ventilated seats...

Congrats on your new car. The grin does have a way of making everything else that happened before kind of fade away. I’m not sure but when I picked up my car I had 3 days to report any issues I wanted fixed on a Due Bill. If the chrome molding bothers you or you see some other items you might have missed, make a list and take photos. They should have told you how any due bill issues will be handled. I had a few dust spots in my paint and a bumped out panel near one of my headlights. All were taken care of later. Fun car to drive. I love just going for coffee in the morning and sitting in the parking lot in my car listening to music or the news and had the car for months now. Really best car I’ve owned. Love driving it even more.

How will you be charging?

I think I saw a thread title on the Model 3 forum about a hissing sound. Might want to see if you can locate it. Definitely put it on your due bill list.

Thanks guys!

Regarding the hissing noise, I’ve tried resetting the computer, turning off A/C and fan, charging, not charging, parked, drive, etc. It’s actually quite annoying. I put my head by the feet area and isolated to this round speaker. When i cover it, the hissing is A LOT quieter. I think this is a speaker. I was reading old posts as this seems to be a fairly common issue. It seems like the best solutions people have had is having the SC unplug that speaker or having the bottom panel replaced. One person who posted said his SC said that speaker serves no purpose yet for the Model 3 for now, so it’s no problem unplugging it until it’s ready for the Model 3. I used the app to schedule service, first appointment available is 4/4 so not bad. The issue doesn’t sound like something major, so I won’t return it within my 24 hour window.

Here is the picture of what I think is a unused speaker that’s making the noise.

Attachments

• B9E05F1C-26EF-4183-8A20-0C6D8BC244F1.jpeg
    B9E05F1C-26EF-4183-8A20-0C6D8BC244F1.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 88
Here’s one of a few threads I saw when searching for Hissing under this forum:

Mysterious static/hissing noise

Didn’t look through it but maybe you’ll find your answer in one of the threads. Don’t think you’re alone.

Thank you, yes I came across this post and it seems like unplugging this speaker is a temporary solution ghe service center can do. One person said they replaced the entire panel and that worked too. This is the exact sound in my car.

Thank you, yes I came across this post and it seems like unplugging this speaker is a temporary solution ghe service center can do. One person said they replaced the entire panel and that worked too. This is the exact sound in my car.

So you read the thread and the comment that the speaker is for some future feature. Makes me want to know what feature that might be. Cool that things are in the car just waiting...