Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took my Model X to a gas station...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do have food and snacks. Some even have a grassy place your dog can run around in. Others let you buy propane tanks. I'm pretty sure they will weather the coming Teslanami pretty well. Maybe they'll offer some kind of drive-through food service... who knows.

They do have food and snacks. Some even have a grassy place your dog can run around in. Others let you buy propane tanks. I'm pretty sure they will weather the coming Teslanami pretty well. Maybe they'll offer some kind of drive-through food service... who knows.
I fully expect more and more of them would offer L2+ chargers. I am surprised this is not very widespread yet.
Reportedly very little money is made on gas itself and most of the money are on in-store purchases and such.
Well, an EV spends vastly more time around while charging (even supercharging) -> more possibility to sell stuff to the bored owner.

Oil giant BP is in talks with automakers to deploy EV chargers at their gas stations

it's smart for "fuel" stations to embrace electric cars as it just means heaps of added revenue, even it they only charge $5-$10 or even FREE!

i say this because gas stations profit almost nothing from fuel as it is and exist to make money from the convenience store...and when you have people sitting around for 20+ minutes they are bound to spend money in the store. :D

Reactions: Quick2Judge
Oil giant BP is in talks with automakers to deploy EV chargers at their gas stations

it's smart for "fuel" stations to embrace electric cars as it just means heaps of added revenue, even it they only charge $5-$10 or even FREE!

i say this because gas stations profit almost nothing from fuel as it is and exist to make money from the convenience store...and when you have people sitting around for 20+ minutes they are bound to spend money in the store. :D
Totally agree!

I actually won't go into a gas station for any of these reasons... would rather go directly to the grocery stores and parks. I think that was the first time I ever stopped at a gas station while driving an EV...

I fully expect more and more of them would offer L2+ chargers. I am surprised this is not very widespread yet.
Reportedly very little money is made on gas itself and most of the money are on in-store purchases and such.
Well, an EV spends vastly more time around while charging (even supercharging) -> more possibility to sell stuff to the bored owner.
they should, i was thinking people should just setup EV charging stations for the convenience store business or entertainment business in some remote areas. I was planning on a roadtrip to national parks and found surprisingly few charging locations nearby...