Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toolbox 3 Gateway Configuration Edit on Model 3 / Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

terranx

Aug 29, 2019
USA
Anyone out there know how to do this? As best as I can tell, the menu the tesla techs use (something to the effect of dashboard -> infotainment -> vehicle configuration change) isn't present in the version of toolbox us mere mortals get access to. However, under actions, PROC_ICE_X_SAFE-SET-VEHICLE-CONFIGS is available. The parameters it accepts are ConfigParams (type List) and Configs Require Ice Reboot (presumably yes/no, true/false, 0/1, etc -- can be left blank though I believe).

1669580343186.png

From what I can tell digging through the app.f5d3cbaebb2ad903a936.js file, this action is what's invoked when making the gateway config changes the official way. I just can't figure out how to format the input. For example I'm trying to change id 32 to 01, and I've tried sending {32, 01} and many variants (with quotes, different brackets, etc), to no avail. I mostly get an error about not being to cast the input as a List.

Anyone out there know what to do or can help with some hints? I can share any other relevant info

Reactions: WhiteM3P-
typically you can’t get onto service shell without being locally connected. If they added remote shell capability that’s a big change and hard to say what else could have changed.

What is the precise command you’re entering for gw-diag? You’ll get that error if there’s any sort of typo
Yeah the service shell is remotely accessible! I’ve tried some things after I posted that question and I didn’t notice a difference between the remote and local shell.

Anyways, all commands worked fine after I stopped wrapping the arguments in double quotes :p

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0
Would be interesting to know if you guys have MCU2 (Intel Atom) or MCU3 (Ryzen) cars. I've seen some doubt that it might be exclusive to MCU3. I personally think the Intel is good enough, even for the V12 UI features that were annoucned today, but you never know.
Tested this yesterday. Tesla Model 3 2019 with Intel Atom and FSD (not active bc I'm in Germany). No Visuals, only an error message that park assistance is unavailable. Had no problem reprogramming it back to 00/Valeo (after re-install).

Upvote 0
There’s an air suspension config, dunno if they would have repurposed that for the 3’s electronic dampers. Otherwise I’d need to connect to such a car and dig a little to see if there’s any configs that might be the ticket
That’s a good idea! I will be able to read out the config data of a performance Model 3 in a few weeks. Maybe they repurposed it

Upvote 0
Anyone out there know how to do this? As best as I can tell, the menu the tesla techs use (something to the effect of dashboard -> infotainment -> vehicle configuration change) isn't present in the version of toolbox us mere mortals get access to. However, under actions, PROC_ICE_X_SAFE-SET-VEHICLE-CONFIGS is available. The parameters it accepts are ConfigParams (type List) and Configs Require Ice Reboot (presumably yes/no, true/false, 0/1, etc -- can be left blank though I believe).

View attachment 878829

From what I can tell digging through the app.f5d3cbaebb2ad903a936.js file, this action is what's invoked when making the gateway config changes the official way. I just can't figure out how to format the input. For example I'm trying to change id 32 to 01, and I've tried sending {32, 01} and many variants (with quotes, different brackets, etc), to no avail. I mostly get an error about not being to cast the input as a List.

Anyone out there know what to do or can help with some hints? I can share any other relevant info

How to bring up the ambient light control UI of the new version 3 on the old 3 and Y,

Attachments

• IMG_9173.jpg
    IMG_9173.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9174.jpg
    IMG_9174.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9175.jpg
    IMG_9175.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

View attachment 878829

It is now known that you can change the color of the caliper, the reality of the front fog lamp, the opening of the foot socket lamp... Can you configure the seat ventilation control UI of the new 3 to the old 3 and y?

Upvote 0

View attachment 878829

How to bring up the ambient light control UI of the new version 3 on the old 3 and Y?It is now known that you can change the color of the caliper, the reality of the front fog lamp, the opening of the foot socket lamp... Can you configure the seat ventilation control UI of the new 3 to the old 3 and y ?

Attachments

• IMG_9173.jpg
    IMG_9173.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9174.jpg
    IMG_9174.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9175.jpg
    IMG_9175.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0