Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Liam from Yahoo?

h_liam.jpg

YC = Yahoo Chat?

(Just thinking out loud here.)

Ok, long time lurker here. Congratulations, this thread finally made me sign up.
I just wanted to say that this puzzle clearly has a math part to it.

"Submissions must- can have no multiples."

That could be referring to multiples as in math. Although all numbers have multiples, there are some numbers that no other numbers are multiples of, prime numbers.
I don't know maybe it is just phrased in this way because the game master is not that math savvy or maybe to throw us off.
But maybe we are to construct 85 prime numbers adding up the colors (such as silver+white=7).

Another idea is that we should construct one number by adding, multiplying etc each color only once.
I thought of this since he said "MS one color", which could be taken to mean one combination of colors.
Also each color is to be used only once since "Submissions must- can have no multiples"
And it must all add up to 85 because "This yahoo is no biker so 85 total should satisfy him for now."

Notice how "MS one color" does not make any sense if this is not true and that "85 total" is said instead of "85 in total"

Not so sure it's tenuous. I thought of Nick immediately because he's tasked with answering all the questions on the Tesla forum. In other words, "Nick's Mission" is to answer questions; this may also just be a cul-de-sac though.
"Nick's Mission" could be "Saint Nick"... Mission: To deliver presents on Christmas...

Just to confirm the direction of some thinking here: http://www.4shared.com/music/-Yq5BHKN/a_YC_demands_proof.html
Note that the url/file is in lower case, while "YC" is upper case suggesting it is a name.

I wonder why it starts with "a". If it was a phrase I would think it would start with a capital.
"a YC" makes it sounds like a is a role or object not a person.
If it was just initials then I would expect more like "YC demands proof", not "a YC demands proof".
The "Yellow Card" idea sort of fits there. The presence of a yellow card demands something...
Well, just floundering around not sure what to make of it.

"Nick's Mission" could be "Saint Nick"... Mission: To deliver presents on Christmas...

I wonder why it starts with "a". If it was a phrase I would think it would start with a capital.
"a YC" makes it sounds like a is a role or object not a person.
If it was just initials then I would expect more like "YC demands proof", not "a YC demands proof".
The "Yellow Card" idea sort of fits there. The presence of a yellow card demands something...
Well, just floundering around not sure what to make of it.

The St.Nick thing is an interesting and new twist. I like it. Just no idea what to do with it.

I'd brought up the point of the article "a" before YC earlier and agree with your assessment.

Well, since we know whomever is behind this has access to the top bar of this website, maybe we are supposed to submit our stuff here?

This site offers banner space to advertisers and doesn't control the content of those areas.

For all we know, the "top menu" is offered up to an outside entity to control and publish on their own.

Even as a moderator of some sub-forums here, I have heard nothing of this contest until it showed up.
You may have noticed it went on for a little while before I even noticed what was going on.

Yeah, I imagine that some of the forum administrators have some inkling of what is going on, but are not likely to say anything about it.
I think we need to stay focused on the clues and "the game", and not worry about who might be "behind the curtain."

With that said, I wouldn't presume or assume to think that game/puzzle responses should go on to this forum. The clues seem to be hosted on outside public sites, so I think it is likely that the response mechanism could also be some temporary address on some public service.

- - - Updated - - -

The frustrating part is that the recording uses it differently, as "Liam YC's toady". The possessive there is definitely YC's, not Liam's. Not sure how to resolve that conflict.

Yeah, I have become fairly fixated on that one little apostrophe and hoping we heard the recording right.
But what does it mean? :confused:

Goes-to-11.png
This site offers banner space to advertisers and doesn't control the content of those areas.

For all we know, the "top menu" is offered up to an outside entity to control and publish on their own.

Even as a moderator of some sub-forums here, I have heard nothing of this contest until it showed up.
You may have noticed it went on for a little while before I even noticed what was going on.

Yeah, I imagine that some of the forum administrators have some inkling of what is going on, but are not likely to say anything about it.
I think we need to stay focused on the clues and "the game", and not worry about who might be "behind the curtain."

With that said, I wouldn't presume or assume to think that game/puzzle responses should go on to this forum. The clues seem to be hosted on outside public sites, so I think it is likely that the response mechanism could also be some temporary address on some public service.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I have become fairly fixated on that one little apostrophe and hoping we heard the recording right.
As one who paid to be ad free, I suspect that that space is not advertiser space or I wouldn't be seeing it. This is clearly an "inside job", at least with the site owner's knowledge and assistance. Doug's been very quiet in this thread too, so I fully intend to water board him before all is said and done.

I just started looking around 4shared.com. If you go to Nick's Mission's page there is a 'send private message' option. Sent something out I'll see what happens. Can only put text there.

I think that "Liam YC" is a single 'person'. I think YC is some sort of title or describer. That way "a YC" and "Liam YC's" both work out. And I think that it is "Liam YC's" on another listen at full speed. My transcript had it wrong.

The drop was incomplete.I need to transmit.
One of Liam YC's toadies has stopped me.
He wants proof.
MS one color.
Red equals 1.
Black equals 2.
White equals 3.
Silver is 4.
Grey is 5.
Blue equals 8.
Green is 8 as well.
and Brown equals 10.
He demands one submission per member.
Sumbmissions must- can have no multiples.
No duplicate submissions.
This yahoo is no biker so 85 total should satisfy him for now.

Last edited:

Double rainbow? ;)

As a non-techie who doesn't understand 80% of this thread, it's been oddly compelling. I have the vaguest notion that something good was supposed to happen today, yet all we got was some weird Morse Code that certainly didn't answer any questions -- my long shot hope that it was something official from Tesla (about the mobile app or something) are dead and buried. I think at best you're looking at some sort of TMC Easter egg buried in the site at the end of this whole process.

I hope those of you who are working on this are enjoying the chase!